Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's top of your list of bands/acts not yet seen live but desperate to?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Didn't rate Future Islands at Primavera. Musically pretty average I thought, so it depended on whether you got on with the frontman's antics. I found them a bit naff to be fair.

My list

Iggy (can't believe I've kept on missing him)
Suicide
Tom Waits
Scott Walker
David Bowie
Sleater-Kinney
Burning Spear
The Residents
Flying Lotus
Dr. John
Cardiacs (the longest of long shots!)
Adrian Sherwood

A few newer names I hope to catch soon but haven't yet - Ought, Ben Frost, Jenny Hval, Jessica Pratt, Dirty Beaches, Angel Olsen and St. Vincent

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
Seeing them without Josh doesn't count I'm guessing?

I'd suggest not, although I'd be interested to see Kyuss Lives! with Bruno Fevery. The lawsuits filed by Homme that subsequently forced Garcia and Bjork to change the band name to Vista Chino, and Homme's refusal to work with Nick Oliveri would suggest a full reunion is unlikely to happen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now I did see Faith No More at the Portsmouth Pyramids in 1995 - cracking set list, Mike Patton was on top form:

Cuckoo for Caca
Be Aggressive
Midlife Crisis
The Real Thing
Land of Sunshine
Digging the Grave
We Care a Lot
Easy (Commodores cover)
Introduce Yourself
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Surprise! You're Dead!
What a Day
Take This Bottle
From Out of Nowhere
The Crab Song
Evidence
Epic

Encore:
Caffeine
The Last to Know

I saw them a few times before they became big. I saw them with the original singer plus at The Marquee just after the second album was released. First gig had about 50 people in the crowd and a lot of tension in the band. Marquee gig was with Patton and nuts.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'd suggest not, although I'd be interested to see Kyuss Lives! with Bruno Fevery. The lawsuits filed by Homme that subsequently forced Garcia and Bjork to change the band name to Vista Chino, and Homme's refusal to work with Nick Oliveri would suggest a full reunion is unlikely to happen.

The size of Homme's head and the fact that Garcia was 10 times the singer Homme will ever be are the real reasons I suspect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011

i saw them a couple of years ago in London. they were amazing

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
slipknot, for me. somehow i've never managed to see them despite being a fan since their first album

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Saw at Reading in the big tent. Absolutely superb. Highly recommended, the atmosphere was great in there.

I was at the front for this, they were good!

Miles Kane.
Tame Impala
Strypes

Tame Impala were awful when I saw them. Miles Kane however was excellent.

For me, it's The Strokes and The Black Keys of bands who are still going. Oasis and Milburn for those who aren't.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If Jason turns up this time. I'm furious that his bender cost me the chance to see them at The Albert as opposed to The Haunt.

So true. And a smaller much more intimate crowd than the sold out Haunt.
Going to be well prepared this time and won't be there later than eight.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I would love to see Future Islands live!
I was fortunate enough to see Arcade Fire just as Funeral was released and that has stayed at top spot as my favourite ever gig (close 2nd was Father John Misty).

As for the original question I'd really like to see Band of Horses live. Beastie Boys ain't gonna happen nor is Nick Drake or Elliot Smith :(

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Always wanted to see Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Now I did see Faith No More at the Portsmouth Pyramids in 1995 - cracking set list, Mike Patton was on top form:

Cuckoo for Caca
Be Aggressive
Midlife Crisis
The Real Thing
Land of Sunshine
Digging the Grave
We Care a Lot
Easy (Commodores cover)
Introduce Yourself
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Surprise! You're Dead!
What a Day
Take This Bottle
From Out of Nowhere
The Crab Song
Evidence
Epic

Encore:
Caffeine
The Last to Know

New album and hopefully a tour coming next year!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Luckily seen Bowie numerous times, mostly quite brilliant bar the Glass spider tour which was a mess right from the start and probably his weakest ever tour. Showman is an understatement he is probably the most iconic musician still alive in my view. Was and always will be way ahead of his time in understanding sound and vision.

I'm a big Bowie fan too. Only got to see him once, Milton Keynes(1990), Sound & Vision Tour. With Adrian Belew :)
It made up(well almost) for not getting Tin Machine tickets a year earlier, after queuing for about 12+ hours, in Hammersmith! Pre-internet days!!!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I've mentioned elsewhere about missing seeing Xtc and The Teardrop Explodes, but also high on my list would have been New Musik and Landscape (in their jazzy pre-Tearooms days), & Mansun.
As for realistic, I would like to see The Wild Beasts, & Kraftwerk(missed out on Tate Modern dates last year).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here