David Thompson
Jody Morris
Titi Camara
Stan Lazaridis
Phil Stamp
Robbie Mustoe
Gianluca FESTA
Curtis Flemming
(yes I am just naming the 1997 Middlesborough team. The ultimate English/foreign flair team)
Mikkel BECK.

agree on all of these. David Thompson was a huge prospect at the time...just seemed to float around clubs never really settling.

As for Middlesbrough, IMAGINE the first day at training for JUNINHO. For a start you're in bloody MIDDLESBROUGH and you're lining up against the likes of Robbie Mustoe and CRAIG HIGNETT. Not that long after you won the WORLD CUP.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Paul Warhurst deserves a mention. Defender turned striker because of an injury crisis. Scored a whole lot of goals for Sheffield Wednesday. When defenders cottoned on to him, he moved into midfield and rarely heard of again.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And Lee Sharpe, of course.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
agree on all of these. David Thompson was a huge prospect at the time...just seemed to float around clubs never really settling.

As for Middlesbrough, IMAGINE the first day at training for JUNINHO. For a start you're in bloody MIDDLESBROUGH and you're lining up against the likes of Robbie Mustoe and CRAIG HIGNETT. Not that long after you won the WORLD CUP.

Ravenelli was only 29 when he joined.

It was BONKERS.

But MOST OF ALL they had a kit in which the pattern carried on from the SHIRT to the SHORTS. It was WONDERFUL

th

And dont even get me STARTED on how lovely the AWAY kit was.

th

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brolin was too busy eating a jumbo sized hotdog to speak to you :lolol:

Sounds like an interesting experience.

It was filmed on a SWEDISH BEACH in the summer, so yes, it was definitely 'interesting'.

The Swedes are very cool when it comes to their 'celebrities', so no fuss whatsoever was really made of any of the footballers or the others who were a mix of speedway riders, Ice-hockey players, and basketball types. Until one middle-aged, skinny, very quiet, bald chap turned up, and they all went MENTAL.

Turns out, he was Ingemar Stenmark, the (long retired) alpine skier. Despite having disappeared out of the public eye after his retirement, for years and years, he was still a MASSIVE hero to the whole country. A GOD, more or less. He was in his forties, I guess (this was in 1996) and he was up against a load of blokes still playing professional sport. He won basically every single event, won the series title.

The guys on the TV crew were explaining how as kids, they remembered how everything in the country stopped (factories, schools, offices) each time he was competing in a downhill. That their entire school would crowd round a television to watch each of his runs, then all go off back to class.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
was it me or were Southampton REALLY flair during the last few years at The Dell? (apart from Le Tiss obviously)

Hassan Kachloul
Jo Tessem
Egil Ogstenstadt

there's another foreign forward they had whose name completely escapes me....help anyone?

Anders Svensson?

Scored a couple at Withdean in the League cup, scored in The World Cup the following year.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Stefan Schwarz.

You'll have to excuse me for the Arsenal list. My uncle took me to Highbury to watch the Gunners regularly during the 90's.

Good shout played for Arsenal and in Italy and you could sell him a sofa and never remember who he was!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Draper, mentioned in the first post of this thread, to lots of "who?" responses, played for Notts County in the 1991 play off final against the Albion.

Chris Kiwomya, also mentioned, played for Ipswich in the final game of that league season, which we won to reach the play offs, thanks to Wendy's free kick. I think he scored.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Surely Chris Sutton deserves to win this. Part of one of the best premier league forward lines yet only one England Cap.

Quality player, and largely forgotten about.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ulrich Van Gobbel, anyone?

Graham Stuart
Brett Angell (used to go to school with his nephew)
Noel Whelan

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Hirst.

Talented striker, career wrecked by injury, now largely forgotten outside the blue half of Sheffield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here