Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's The Best Player You've Seen Live...

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Albion : Vicente/ Wardy
England : Shockingly never seen them play 'live' ...
World : Best/ Hudson

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Giggs for MU at Chelsea probably 16/17 years ago. Notched a couple of belters on a lovely autumn afternoon. His teammates say he's hard to play with because not only do they not know what he is going to do next, HE doesn't know what he is going to do next.:lolol:

And a mention for Steven Gerrard, who looks an exceptional player for Liverpool, who also could have won medals with England if the rest of the squad was any kop :)

Zamora

Le Tissier (when he played in the blue & white stripes)

Figo (at Millwall of all places)

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Out of the players I've actually SEEN live:

Albion - Lawrenson. Was tempted to say Vicente but Lawro was so consistent week in week out.

England - Probably Bobby Moore. Might have been tempted to say Gazza but I never saw him play live for England.

World - George Best

EDIT: And I see I'm not the only one who thinks like that!

And here's another one.....Lawrenson....Moore or Charlton.....Best.
Had the privilege of watching the Belfast Boy in his prime and if I see anything better in my lifetime, then I will die a happy man. The complete footballer. Two footed, good header of the ball, fantastic balance and supremely courageous. Could win a match off his own back. Show any youngster today film of Besty in his prime and it will take their breath away. This isn't just an oldie reminiscing, he really was that good. I have used the word ' genius ' very rarely in my life but for Best I will make an exception.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Albion: Vicente.
England: I've only seen the under 19s team play and I can't remember who played.
World: Steven Gerrard.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
For Brighton - Vicente
Anyone else live - C.Ronaldo, Scholes, Henry (I saw Scholes score 2 goals v Crystal Palace and also saw Henry at Chez Selhurst)
For England - Get back to you on that. Only been to 1 England game, a drab 0-0 friendly draw in 2005 against Holland and can't immediately recall the team that night.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
For Brighton - Vicente
Anyone else live - C.Ronaldo, Scholes, Henry (I saw Scholes score 2 goals v Crystal Palace and also saw Henry at Chez Selhurst)
For England - Get back to you on that. Only been to 1 England game, a drab 0-0 friendly draw in 2005 against Holland and can't immediately recall the team that night.

Beckham, Owen, Stevie G, A Cole, Rooney would all have been in that side. With Kuyt, van der sar, van Bronckhorst and van der fart for holland. Some very good players there!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gotta be some of the England stars:

JT, Ashley Cole or Rooney.

Vicente
Keegan (only seen England twice, both times in 70s)
Luis Figo

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Brighton: ward
Others: Best. A lot of us, used to go to palace when Man Utd visited. He was magical for the time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Lawro for us
Probably Bobby, Charlton or Moore, can't make up my mind,
George Best, although Shilton was the best keeper for an awfully long time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here