Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who’s not watching the World Cup?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Will watch the Albion players. Won't watch a single England game whilst Gareth "I pick players on form" Southgate is in charge.

Thought a certain post by Reece James was quite interesting this morning. Shows what the players really think.
I really just don't get this. As far as I'm aware Southgate seems a decent sort of chap. As a manager he seems limited and has not managed those limitations well by having decent backroom staff in areas he is weak (Iike, erm, tactics, reactive changes in-game time etc). I wouldn't have him as England manager but it doesn't boil my blood. I'll still support the team even if it's despite him and his picks/tactics. I cannot fathom boycotting England simply because the manager is nice but dim and i disagree with his opinions.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s a farce a World Cup in a country where you can’t guarantee peoples safety if they happen to. be gay or like a drink. They are already moving the goal posts regarding alcohol.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wish I could say I won’t be watching it. But I will watch Equador and a couple of others. I wish I could ignore it… It needs to be ignored

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Southgate and his England players are all EVIL.

Vile human beings each and every one of them. Cheats, scoundrels, philanderers, murderers. I will not sully my own eyes to watch a SINGLE MINUTE of these foul delinquent filthy wretches who deem to play in the name of my country* A POX on them all.

*Unless they get to the QF. Then I might sneak a peek...just the 2nd half, like

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really just don't get this. As far as I'm aware Southgate seems a decent sort of chap. As a manager he seems limited and has not managed those limitations well by having decent backroom staff in areas he is weak (Iike, erm, tactics, reactive changes in-game time etc). I wouldn't have him as England manager but it doesn't boil my blood. I'll still support the team even if it's despite him and his picks/tactics. I cannot fathom boycotting England simply because the manager is nice but dim and i disagree with his opinions.
The international version of Hughton tactic wise.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I’ll be supporting our players, but that’s it. First time in my life that I feel dis-associated with my National team.
How can I support Southgate when I hate his lies and hypocrisy. If England win it will give him justification, I don’t want to see that.
I would enjoy it much more to see one of these boys win.

Attachments

• E63C6CA5-43BB-4E7B-BFDB-034CB6D67F2C.jpeg
    E63C6CA5-43BB-4E7B-BFDB-034CB6D67F2C.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 15

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So virgin have announced today they are flying our brave heroes over to Qatar.

They are sending over a plane with an LGBT+ flag on it as if that somehow undoes them taking money for Qatar which goes against their so called values

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
During the Euros I wrote on here about how I'd stopped feeling any connection to the England team or supporting despite travelling home and away through the 90s and early 2000s supporting them in tournaments and friendlies. Only watched a bit of the final, having it on in the background while doing DIY. Don't know why, just don't feel any different watching an England game than, say, France and that feeling has only intensified since. No problem obviously with those who support the team and I'm not going to be slagging the team or supporters off, but can't see the appeal in the tournament or England myself and don't think I'll pay attention beyond checking the scores a couple of times a week out of football curiosity.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In my mind, it won't count.
Indeed. If England do the unexpected, and quite frankly I hope they don't, then they should refuse to have a second star added to the shirt.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Southgate and his England players are all EVIL.

Vile human beings each and every one of them. Cheats, scoundrels, philanderers, murderers. I will not sully my own eyes to watch a SINGLE MINUTE of these foul delinquent filthy wretches who deem to play in the name of my country* A POX on them all.

*Unless they get to the QF. Then I might sneak a peek...just the 2nd half, like
Why does it make any difference to you what your fellow Albion fans think about watching the World Cup ? These are unchartered waters and it seems like now it is here everybody is adjusting to what they feel comfortable with. Of course it should all simply be a celebration of the beautiful game. But of course this time it isn't just that.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wish I could say I won’t be watching it. But I will watch Equador and a couple of others. I wish I could ignore it… It needs to be ignored
Half-full or less stadiums will have more ‘impact’ (whatever that means) than TV viewing figures so watch away. Hopefully bucketloads of unsold tickets throughout and a final no one gives a crap about, Honduras v Patagonia or similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here