Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's into rooting then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

DanielT

What i am trying to do is free up some internal memory on my very crap Acer Liquid mobile as i have put just a few essential apps on it and it is 90% full and i can not move them to sd card and it runs very slow at times.

Where do i start???

There's a couple different models of the Acer Liquid, at least the Z120 and the Z2. Does yours give the number? I have never rooted an Acer phone, but I have rooted HTC, Asus and Samsung phones

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I don't know much about this at all but I do know that when my wife and I mentioned across a dinner table in Sydney last October that we were planning to have a root around Circular Quay the following day the reaction took us quite by surprise.

I learnt that one when I used the English pronunciation or router, instead of the American pronunciation. Got a very strange look from the Kiwi I was talking to.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I tried google translate on this thread but still have no idea what it's about.

First i thought it was about gardening, then i thought it was some strange sexual behaviour. Now I have no idea apart from Mobile Phones :(

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
What i am trying to do is free up some internal memory on my very crap Acer Liquid mobile as i have put just a few essential apps on it and it is 90% full and i can not move them to sd card and it runs very slow at times.

Where do i start???

This may be helpful, it may not..

When I got my S2 I looked into rooting it, so I could delete an app that was always running, but discovered that if you install "Go Launcher Ex" you were able to delete it from their app screen. I haven't tried it on my new phone yet, but it might be worth a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5nYXUuZ28ubGF1bmNoZXJleCJd

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
or, you could pay more for one with more memory. its one of the wonders of the free market.

Perhaps an over simplification. Look at the poorer than expected sales of the Samsung S4. The word soon got out to Android fans that the 16GB phone only has about 9gb of useable memory. Under pressure Samsung have released a software update which only half heartedly addresses the problem instead of actually selling 32gb or 64gb versions which were advertised at launch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here