Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's gonna get the boot first? Azure or Piglets Pantry?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If there's any fault at all, it's Azures. The pies (somehow) seem to be getting better every week!
Twice I've been given the wrong pie, and once I was given a chicken burger instead of a Balti pie... I wasn't really amused!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I've tried all the pies and after crunching through rock-hard pastry to eat luke-warm filling, have decided to stick with another pint of Harvey's instead. Slightly more expensive but much more satisfying.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sadly the pies rarely fail to disappoint. Looked forward the Christmas pie, but only found one piece of Turkey skulking under a thick edge of stuffing with the sauce on top. I think they may only need a bit of seasoning, but all the pies lack either flavour, meat or both (let them off the veggie though).

I agree, I can only think people raving about them only eat junk food most of the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The pies are the best, they must not be replaced.
Every pie (bar one) I have asked for at The Amex has been wrong.
I've had one that was wrong. With your record, you should check in front of the server, with their knowledge4 you are checking, before you walk off.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Although I agree that the pies are good....

Every pie (bar one) I have asked for at The Amex has been wrong. I've been given steak instead of chicken, chicken instead of steak, steak instead of balti, and horror of horrors, vege instead of steak.

Thread re-opened.

Out of interest do you sit in the WSU?

I use the kiosk at the west end of the north and have never had one problem. Sometimes they're a bit slow but generally service is good. Keep hearing these horror stories (if you can call it that) that are nothing like my experience of the catering :shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree, I can only think people raving about them only eat junk food most of the time.

Dude, I eat well and can appreciate a nice restaurant and nice food.

I can also appreciate what quality I'm expecting at the football for £3.50. I'm not expecting michellin star food. The pies are tasty, pastry is nice and they are full of what they are supposed to be full of i.e chicken or steak, rather than some horrible gunk that you get in mass produced shite like pukka pies. Perfectly satisfied with that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Dude, I eat well and can appreciate a nice restaurant and nice food.

I can also appreciate what quality I'm expecting at the football for £3.50. I'm not expecting michellin star food. The pies are tasty, pastry is nice and they are full of what they are supposed to be full of i.e chicken or steak, rather than some horrible gunk that you get in mass produced shite like pukka pies. Perfectly satisfied with that.
But they have no sort of flavour balance. The steal pies tend to have masses of salt but other than that are flavourless. Pukka pies may have less meat but have 10x the flavour.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
But they have no sort of flavour balance. The steal pies tend to have masses of salt but other than that are flavourless. Pukka pies may have less meat but have 10x the flavour.

Are you pissed? read your last sentance again when you sober up......must be the worst thing ever posted...pukka pies better than PP..

jeezzzzzzzzzzz maybe you mean 10% of the flavour

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I prefer the chicken pies personally, I can't get enough of them. Can take of leave the steak, although never thought is was over salty. Are you eating them every week? They still seem to be evolving, I'd recommend giving the chicken and ham another chance. Perhaps you've just had a bad go, I did have a steak one in the first couple of games that was a bit bland

kano

Jun 17, 2011
never been given the wrong pie, have one pretty much every game...a case of a few people making mountains out of molehills perhaps?

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Can't quite confirm from the link, but if that is the Crawley-based Real Pie Company then their Steak And Guinness pies are absolutey fantastic - and two quid apiece :clap:

THPP, i can confirm this is the one and same company!!!

their factory is on the manor royal estate 3 mins from my office.....

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with some of the posters already on this thread to me the issue is a distribution/stock level one not a pie production issue. My suggestion would be to keep a better view of stock levels and move the stock to meet the demand.

I vote for a pie tsar to sort it out...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I can only presume that you have been unlucky. None of my steak pies have had masses of salt in them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It's interesting that you insult those who like the Piglet's Pantry pies by saying that they must only live on a diet of junk food, then praise one of the worst pies companies about; Pukka - the junk food of the pie world.

The club tried out the Pukka pies when working out which supplier to go with. 'f***ing awful' was the verdict. And they're right.

Not all PP pies hit the spot every time, of course, but Pukka... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here