Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's going to be the hero tonight?

billy big molluscs

Feb 12, 2013
Brighton
Lopez freekick to draw first blood, then Ulloa to seal the deal before half time - you heard it here first :banana:

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Got a feeling it could be Bridcutt. A corner whipped in by Spanish Dave, cleared off the line from an Ulloa header, falls nicely to Bridcutt on the edge of the D and fires home a volley to win 1-0 in the 86th minute.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
According to this post on BBS we only have a couple of decent players.......

I agree with you that we need numbers in midfield. But we have only Wilbraham as a striker who can last 90 mins so that's covered. So it's a case of having the right people in the right positions. I'd be very happy to have Zaha or Williams hassling Bridcutt. Zaha may be the best option because that will enable Williams to make runs from deep as you say.

Brighton aren't that good. They are good, but it's based on a solid defence, pretty football, 1 good winger and 1 centre forward. I don't rate Lopez, Hammond, Orlandi, Calderon or Greer - they are average. If we can attack them and keep Bridcutt, Ulloa and Buckley quiet we have a great chance.

I'd definitely be looking to play 4-4-1-1 with full-backs pushed forward, and Zaha pressing Bridcutt when they have the ball. Get Zaha into the game in the centre. Even if he has 4 round him he has enough in his locker to beat them all at least once in a game. And that could be the difference.

Now we've lost the Murray goals we need an extra spark even more than before.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Spanish Dave for an all round great performance and two, yes TWO, cracking goals in our 2-0 win.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
The ref for not succumbing to the diving antics of Zaha.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
According to this post on BBS we only have a couple of decent players.......

I agree with you that we need numbers in midfield. But we have only Wilbraham as a striker who can last 90 mins so that's covered. So it's a case of having the right people in the right positions. I'd be very happy to have Zaha or Williams hassling Bridcutt. Zaha may be the best option because that will enable Williams to make runs from deep as you say.

Brighton aren't that good. They are good, but it's based on a solid defence, pretty football, 1 good winger and 1 centre forward. I don't rate Lopez, Hammond, Orlandi, Calderon or Greer - they are average. If we can attack them and keep Bridcutt, Ulloa and Buckley quiet we have a great chance.

I'd definitely be looking to play 4-4-1-1 with full-backs pushed forward, and Zaha pressing Bridcutt when they have the ball. Get Zaha into the game in the centre. Even if he has 4 round him he has enough in his locker to beat them all at least once in a game. And that could be the difference.

Now we've lost the Murray goals we need an extra spark even more than before.

What a load of cr4p, the only spark you have is setting fire to your own town!!!!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
No word of a lie, after the anger had disappeared about Barnes getting sent off at Bolton, I said to my mates 3 days later, I had a premonition, It's written in the stars that Barnes will score the winner against Palarse at Wembley in the final. OK so we got Palarse in the semi-final I wonder if the premonition I had was at the Amex and not Wembley??

Either way if he scores the winner he can clump, kick and whack as many officials as he wishes, I for one would eat humble Pie and not say a word LOL LOL LOL LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here