• It will always be funny

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was funny at Withdean when we were tinpot and playing tinpot sides. Now we're no longer tinpot, it's just stupid. It would be like having a return of the Withdean screamer.

You're ENTIRELY missing the point. At Withdean, against tinpot sides, featuring non-entity players, is exactly when it WASN'T funny.

The cry of WHOOOOOOOOO? to the superstars of THE Leeds United, or Arsenal, is exactly when it IS funny.

:nono:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
I'm not a fan. The subs chance of scoring immediately doubles.

Pretty sure that since we've been at the Amex only six oppo subs have scored. Ambrose for Palace, Redmond for Brum, Walcott for Arsenal and this season all three of Newport's goals came from two of their subs. Might have missed a couple. Don't know how many subs have actually come on at the Amex in that time. Would have to check the records...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Everyone should do a massive fart noise instead. Not hilarious but it may make someone chuckle, you never know, you just never know.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pretty sure that since we've been at the Amex only six oppo subs have scored. Ambrose for Palace, Redmond for Brum, Walcott for Arsenal and this season all three of Newport's goals came from two of their subs. Might have missed a couple. Don't know how many subs have actually come on at the Amex in that time. Would have to check the records...

You are spot on, Maglers. There have been a total of 185 sub appearances by opposition players at the Amex in League and Cup games so far.

Knock Kneed Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
Did it wind up the Leeds fans last night because ALL their players are world famous ?

There were a few Leeds fans sitting behind us last night and they got the right hump when the subs were greeted with it. Also started kicking the backs of seats after Leo scored. Never mind, presumably safely back in the asylum now.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I bark the word whonce, to sound from the olden days, even though those in the olden days didn't say it, unless they were perhaps simpletonies.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Becoming a regular thing, the dislike of this song, that song, this chant, that chant.....It's a football match with a bit of lighthearted banter, hopefully it will not stop because a few misery guts are too busy waiting with anticipation to be annoyed..........again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When Matt Smith came on for Leeds last night, I was expecting everyone to shout "Doctor Who"

No? Suit yourselves

Brilliant.

I made a surely it's against FA rules to play a time traveller type joke. We might suddenly find ourselves 6-1 down and never know how.

My joke was less funny though clearly.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
That fact that we have done it to the England captain makes it pretty hard to beat.

WHO could we do it to for a funnier result?

Perhaps a massive tongue-in-cheek WHO?! to Bobby Zamora (obviously followed by a standing ovation)?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Makes me smile. People saying it's great for prem players but think its great for all players as it brings their ego down a notch or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here