Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who you do want to get relegated from the Premier League?

Who do you want to be relegated from the Premier League?

• Crystal Palace

Votes: 158 54.3%
  • Nottingham Forest

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Leicester City

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • Leeds United

Votes: 170 58.4%
  • West Ham United

Votes: 53 18.2%
  • Wolves

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Bournemouth

Votes: 103 35.4%
  • Everton

Votes: 216 74.2%
  • Southampton

Votes: 75 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Why aren't Arsenal on the list, and before anyone says they've got no chance of being relegated, the op's thread started who would you want to be relegated. :cool:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Everton, Bournemouth and West Ham

Palace have to stay so we can stuff them twice a year. Leeds ARE the real champions of Europe. The rest are a bit mediocre.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Everton for comedy value and any two others with American owners. I'm worried what happens when Boehly gets more influence in the Prem.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Well my first choices would be Arsenal (let the entitled so-and-sos find out what it's like to have to try to get promoted - something they've never done) and Chelsea (how many reasons do you want!) - but that ain't going to happen, sadly.
Actually I don't mind Everton - or Dyche - at all, but as they've been in the top division for longer than I can remember, perhaps it would be good to see them with the biggest, most expensive stadium in the Championship. Same with West Ham - their massive tax-payer funded council house of a stadium would be funny in the 2nd. tier too.
So, Everton and West Ham for me - don't really care who the third one is. Oh, OK then - Leeds!
They have been promoted.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They have been promoted.
They have never won promotion. They were invited back to the 1st. division to take the place of Leeds City, who'd been kicked out for financial irregularities. Completely unsuspiciouslly, they then gave the the errant Leeds City manager a noce job managing ......... Arsenal.

No, nothing funny at all ..................................

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
They have never won promotion. They were invited back to the 1st. division to take the place of Leeds City, who'd been kicked out for financial irregularities. Completely unsuspiciouslly, they then gave the the errant Leeds City manager a noce job managing ......... Arsenal.

No, nothing funny at all ..................................
1. You said Arsenal had never been promoted, they have.
2. I think it was Port Vale who took over from Leeds City.
3. Everything else is spot on.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I’ll very much agree with the above, except it’s the term “tinpot” I don’t like to use. Nothing wrong with small struggling clubs, over the years I’ve been passionate for Peacehaven & Telscombe over the years, we fix holes in the ceiling with gaffer tape and the chilli we feed the away team post match is made from an animal that doesn’t exist anymore
I really hope so. Every animal should be dead before cooking it and serving it up as food.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. You said Arsenal had never been promoted, they have.
2. I think it was Port Vale who took over from Leeds City.
3. Everything else is spot on.
Correct about Port Vale. Arsenal didn't win promotion though. They were invited to rejoin the first division, not from a promotion winning position. Shysters!

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Correct about Port Vale. Arsenal didn't win promotion though. They were invited to rejoin the first division, not from a promotion winning position. Shysters!
They were invited at the expense of Spurs. The funny thing is the Arsenal chairman gave a speech on how they should be promoted instead of Spurs, Wolves (forget third team ) on why they should be promoted. His argument was that Arsenal had been in the league longer therefore should be promoted forgetting that Wolves ( and the third team i forget) had been in the league from the start.

I had an encyclopedia of English football as a kid that gave the league tables from the start and i could not work out why Arsenal who finished 5th went up and Spurs 4th did not so looked it up. Hard to do in the days of no internet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They were invited at the expense of Spurs. The funny thing is the Arsenal chairman gave a speech on how they should be promoted instead of Spurs, Wolves (forget third team ) on why they should be promoted. His argument was that Arsenal had been in the league longer therefore should be promoted forgetting that Wolves ( and the third team i forget) had been in the league from the start.

I had an encyclopedia of English football as a kid that gave the league tables from the start and i could not work out why Arsenal who finished 5th went up and Spurs 4th did not so looked it up. Hard to do in the days of no internet.
Yeh, I've got a book on the history of the Football League too (the excellent Bryon Butler one) - and Arsenal still shouldn't have been 'promoted'! They didn't return to the 1st. division on merit - shysters! (as was Herbert Chapman!)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If Southampton and Bournemouth go, that would mean Portsmouth weren't the only non top flight south coast team, which would be a shame.

Everton and Leeds for the lols, not sure after that. Bournemouth perhaps. Fed up with only getting about 1000 tickets because their ground is shit.
Plymouth?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right. I normally want to see northern clubs exit and southern clubs enter for better away day options.

But.

Us being the only EPL south coast club would be good.
Us being a league above that lot would be great - and traumatising for them.

However, I voted that lot, Everton and Leeds. The easy option.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'd say that Crystal Palace in 12th , are not going to be overtaken by six or more teams. They are the lowest team in the league who I don't think are in the relegation conversation. I think that Bournemouth and Southampton will go, although Jones will make a good fist of it. I'd guess that Everton and Leeds will be scrapping it out for the second year running, but without a Burnley to save both of them this time around. I've considered all the pros and cons and voted for....

Palace. Of course Palace. It would be the funniest thing ever. Why would anybody vote anything else? The poll said that I could have multiple votes, but I voted only once as it wouldn't let me vote Palace three times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here