Who would your key signing be in the summer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Dorus de Vries, Joe Mattock, Jacob Butterfield, Jordan Rhodes - Job done!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unfortunately, even Tony doesn't have the £190bn needed to get Zaha from Palace.

plus he would be a menace if we needed him to cover back...................................... every time he goes near our penalty area he falls over!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Poyet has said he expects to sign 5 or 6 new players. The positions are obvious, those which the loan players came into... so I expect a new goalkeeper, full-backs x 2, a midfield hardman, creative mid, and a goalscorer.

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
Not knocking what you are saying because I think these are the type of players we would want to look at. However when you look a bit further you find that Norris is reportedly on £30K+ at Portsmouth,; Chopra walked away from a lucrative deal at Cardiff to sign for Ipswich and is probably on £20K+; even as fringe players in the Prem, Livermore, Kusczak and Bertrand are almost certainly on something more than £10K a week................ our idea of a big earner is reportedly somewhere around the £8k to £10k absolute max mark depending on which gossip you listen to.

Realistically Gus is going to have a tough time bringing in the players we would like to see. I do think we will try to get a couple of proven Championship level players. The clubs who have succeeded in this league often seem to use the ability and experience of a player with top level experience but nearing the end of their career........................... but my hunch is that our most crucial signings may be from overseas with Spain and Scandinavia being favourites

I think we have a better chance of attracting better players here this year after the rest of the championship squads have seen the stadium, facilities, etc. I mean no fucker was ever gonna want to come whilst we were at the withdean! Fingers crossed anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports