Who would you want to Replace Gus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Holloway. Comedy genius

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I dont think any of us could ever revert to a manager that prescribed 'functional football'. So the list would have to be Hoddle, Zola, Di Matteo. Just have not seen Huddersfield enough to know if Lee Clarke promoted flowing football in general so would take the advice of anyone here but must be a candidate.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Michael Appleton, seems to doing a bloody good job at pompey, with terrific experience at WBA. Lee Clark, Karl Robinson and Eddie Howe would be worth considering plus super freak paulo Di Canio

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If Gus was to go now (which he won't), I think it would be Zola in with Dennis Wise as part of his team - perhaps on the reccomendation of Gus.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
AVB

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
One would presume that when and If Poyet goes he will take Tanno with him so it will be a new double act "search".
Zola and Wise would be good, maybe too expensive and not sure if Wise would cope with being an assistant.
Di Matteo and Newton did well at MK Dons and W.B.A together.
other possibles could be
Paolo Di Canio and Fabrizio Piccareta his no-2 at Swinedon,:)
Karl Robinson and John Gorman at MK Dons,
or Alan Curbishley and Mervyn Day.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
In a few years

Attachments

• forsternicky2_m.jpg
    forsternicky2_m.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 371

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I don't want to get off the Gus bus. I'm loving the ride. However, if it breaks down, then I've no problem with jumping on the Zola roller. Mind you, if we can find a manager whose name rhymes with skateboard, even better

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If he goes my first choice to replace him would be Karl Robinson. Really rate him and would keep us playing the same style of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports