Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who would you replace jn the summer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most posters have been suggesting there will be a massive change of players during the summer but I wonder uf there will be that many of the first team squad leaving. But I have listed who I would replace if there were adequate affordable replacements available.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Most posters have been suggesting there will be a massive change of players during the summer but I wonder uf there will be that many of the first team squad leaving. But I have listed who I would replace.

does your computer have a problem with the letter i ?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
We need three keepers to cover for injury & illness. Ankergren is adequate at this level, and is happy to be a bench warmer. Why waste resources looking for another keeper, who may or may not want to come here?
I'd keep him.

I think it was mentioned on a previous thread last week that Casper has said he is going back to Denmark at the end of the season so we need to find at least one more keeper as backup to Stockdale and Walton

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it was mentioned on a previous thread last week that Casper has said he is going back to Denmark at the end of the season so we need to find at least one more keeper as backup to Stockdale and Walton

I missed that. Where's it come from?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ankergen, Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Useless Fat Bloke, CMS, Crofts (he'll never play again imo) out on loan JFC and Chicksen.

And not sign any of the loanees

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I ommitted Crofts as I think they should give him the summer to try to recover but like you feel the end is in sight.

How many times can he come back from a serious injury?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ankergren, Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Agustien, CMS. I don't think any of the loanees should stay. We need a left back, a right back, 2 centre backs, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maximenko
CMS
COG transfer
Ballsack transfer or pay off
Kemi
Casper
Do not offer anything to best.
Loan out JFC for a year.

Give Calde another year. Bin off anyone whose contract runs out end of season. Try and get Tex and Benno. Go large on two strikers. A winger, a RB and a centre back.

Job done. Prem beckons.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cms and Hughes have done their time. I would see what sort of offers (if any) come in for dunk,possibly baldock and maybe even Ince. Can't see Chicksen and maybe holla (which I would personally be disappointed with) being here next season either.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought Hughes was here on loan from QPR

He better not be or last night we named 6 loan players in the squad. He isn't as he only signed a short term contract with QPR and left at the end of last season then joined us as a free agent.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Get rid/ send back to parent club: Bennett, Maxi, Halford, Hughes, Kemi, Best, CMS
Keep/ offer (new) contracts to: Calde, Tex, Fenelon, Casper
Loan out: JFC, Fenelon, Rea
Sign: A left back, centreback, right back, striker and wide midfielder/ winger

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although Bruno and Greer have contract extensions there is nothing to stop the club putting them on the transfer list or letting them leave them by mutual consent.
True. And I think it's probably the right time for Greer to move on. Not sure about Bruno. With him and Calde around for another season, that can put off the necessity of getting in a new RB for a year - I think we've got higher priorities right now, and TB can't be expected to buy a whole new team all at once.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Don't know why people are suggesting we get rid of COG! Not as good of a goalscorer, but a better hold up player than Ulloa imo.

Well COG was our best player last night, had virtually no support either. He played well against Charlton and Fulham, was MOTM v Ipswich, scored against Arsenal and gave Kosh and Sacker a hard time. He leads the line well and lays the ball off well.......often no one in support.
Surely best to let Best go and sign a decent strike partner for COG.
At least he shows passion.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This is where I think the discord in modern football exists.

Over the last 10 years we have had many many players come and go and there are very few players who stick around and therefore one has to question the loyalty factor of modern football and all this kissing the fecking badge crap.

I would like to see a nucleus of players who are regular team members who stick around and are happy with their lot and who are only replaced with players who have to retire through age or injury and obviously those players who want to better themselves.

I would go back to the one substitute rule who is only brought on if there is an injury. In the old days, you knew who the players were, and a manager put out his best team and stuck by them through thick and thin and developed a mentality that when you joined a club, you felt you were part of that club and not just a commodity to be traded whenever the club felt like it.

Maybe I have been watching football too long as I really do hark back to the old style.

Jumpers for goalposts...mmmm..heading leather footballs...mm..what...marvellous

And here we have a WINNER. All this bizzo with three subs to "Freshen up the team" "Change the formation" is nonsense. And I'd go back to players wearing SHIRTS 1-11 (or 12, max) rather than number 74 is playing in the number 9 position. And pay at the turnstile, - and pay less at the turnstile, and cap player wages. And return programmes to 8 pages so that collecting them doesn't mean you have to build an extension on your house and use a four drawer filing cabinet for a season's editions ( and most of the "Match Day Magazine is full of twaddle. I don't care what our star forward likes to eat, or his favourite car or holiday destination, I don't want to be weighed down with glossy ads for stuff I'll never buy.)

So yes, vote for this post.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Still a way to go with this season depends what division we are in on who we might want or need

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here