Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you play up front against Huddersfield?

Who would you play up front against Huddersfield?

• Leon Best

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Chris O'Grady

Votes: 84 60.4%
  • Craig Mackail-Smith

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Greg Halford (wild card)

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Someone else - please state

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
O'Grady with a DS forward or two on bench

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Has Peter Ward arrived in UK yet for REMF game?

Frankly, he could do worse and it would fill the stadium for the chance to see Wardy in the blue stripes in a competitive match at the Amex.

Stupid idea? Absolutely but at least he would look like he cared and his first touch couldn't be worse than some.

Failing that, a striker from the development squad!

scooter1

How soon is now?
Gone for COG, but only as he's more likely to bring others into play around him. Perhaps have CMS in that number 10 role. I know he's not creative, but if COG can hold it up and maybe knock it through then CMS possibly has the pace to get a couple of one-on-ones with the keeper.. My problem with Tex behind the striker is that he doesn't appear quick if its held up and knocked through. Our strikers have taken a caning this season, but the service they've received has been poor. They must be scoring in training, and all have a half decent previous record.
We have to go for goals tonight

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would go back to Spain and drag clunge back and david Rodriguez and play them up front.

Isn't clunge still ours anyway...didn't we loan him to the team in Spain?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
CMS, based purely on how we pulled Leeds apart in our one good game of the last few months.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

CMS, based purely on how we pulled Leeds apart in our one good game of the last few months.

This was my 1st thought as well, if they play that game plan of allowing him to run the channels early... there is part of me that has to believe that Best must have something left inside.. the blind optimist in me says that he could just come good and that I saw more flashes on Friday than we had seen before.. one goal could set him on a new path - he should be a player that terrorises a centre half; quicker than COG, better touch than CMS, better in the air than both maybe, certainly more athletic in my mind? I would give him one more go tonight, and hope/pray he has a modicum of pride that tells him that he is not the player he should be or could be, and only he can change it..

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How depressing that NSC considers an essentially League One quality striker (COG) to be our best.

Failing to replace Ulloa with, not even a quality striker, but an adequate one, was key to our failings this season.

If we don't sign a decent striker (or two) this summer then it will be more of the same next season.

Baldock was coming good, even though playing wide - his injury was a blow for us this season as he and CoG could have worked well

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
CMS
CoG
Best

We know that there won't be a defender upfront as our very own B&HNews correspondent put the question directly to CH before wittering on about Virgo for 3 paragraphs.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
- A guy with pedigree that looks woefully out of form
- A well meaning workhorse that doesn't really offer a goal threat
- A player that is always offside, has terrible control and isn't a particuarly convincing finisher
- A defender

We are pretty lucky we aren't in bigger trouble, aren't we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here