Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you play in goal against Norwich?

Who would you play in goal against Norwich?

• Christian Walton

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • David Stockdale

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Casper Ankergren

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Walton. I agree that he doesn't deserve to be rotated.

I suppose that Norwich will look to Redmond to fire in crosses for Jerome and Hooper. I'd like to think that Bennett will stop the crosses at source - but realistically it would make sense to play whichever keeper is strongest on crosses. I don't think there is much between Walton and Stockdale, so IMO Walton still gets the gig.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Difficult call to be honest and there is no right or wrong answer. However it is away to Norwich so I go for Stockdale. If he messes up though Walton should get a run. I think though that Sami will go for Walton as he did re Blackburn (over El Habsi). He has gone for youth a fair bit and El Habsi is a better keeper than Stockdale

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
For me Stockdale should have done much better, Norwich 2nd goal came as a result of Stockdale throwing straight at a Norwich player
and Stockdale should have got down quicker for Norwich 3rd.

Walton back in goal please.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For me Stockdale should have done much better, Norwich 2nd goal came as a result of Stockdale throwing straight at a Norwich player
and Stockdale should have got down quicker for Norwich 3rd.

Walton back in goal please.

And the three saves that kept us in the game, at 2-1? Stockdale won us a point today.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He kept us in it today at 2-1. Distribution was a little ropey for the 1st and personally i do not think Walton, TK or any other goalkeeper i have recently seen would have got near the 3rd.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The saves he made were decent but you'd expect a championship keeper to make them. His biggest contribution was gifting Norwich the ball for their first. It was an appalling decision and the execution of the throw was shocking.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The saves he made were decent but you'd expect a championship keeper to make them. His biggest contribution was gifting Norwich the ball for their first. It was an appalling decision and the execution of the throw was shocking.

Ah ok it was the first, sorry thought it was there 2nd Goal he throw was poor.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can understand why some people want Walton to get a run. But anyone wanting that, because of Stockdale's distribution is plain wrong. His is miles better than Walton's.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Same old story "fans" who were probably sitting in their arms chairs praying for a Stockdale mistake. Well one mistake today bet you were jumping up and down with joy. Forgetting the fact that the ball was nearly on the half way line when Norwich got the ball and the fact that he made 3 great saves to win is a point.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Walton should have kept the shirt, appalling decision to overturn the holder. Stock should have saved first and was very slow to get down for harder 3rd. See above for views on 2nd I missed...if Stockdale had cost £1,000 not £1m he wouldn't have got his place back. Can Hyppia drop him after letting 3 in, I doubt he has the cojones

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been known to criticise Stockdale but couldnt find too much wrong with him today but I am still waiting for that super save that earns us points as you would expect from a £1m valued keeper.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale for me. He is an experienced keeper and should be the automatic number one, assuming he is fit and available. I am very excited by the young prospect that is Walton - but that is what he is, a young prospect, just 12 days past his nineteenth birthday. He'll get plenty of opportunity to develop his talents.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here