Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you most like to see promoted from League 1?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Bournemouth, Brentford and Orient.

Decent enough clubs and close away games.

Another vote for these.

The only reason I'd want Swindon to come up is so we can humiliate them, bag 6 points and see them relegated with a massive negative goal difference and a record low score for the Championship. (0 points ideally, or even -10 after going into administration) :wave:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes, I'll go for Bournemouth, Brentford and Orient.

Bournemouth in the sunshine - always nice to spend some time in another seaside resort that isn't Blackpool.

And I like going to London.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Orient? Really? It was fun whilst it lasted whilst we were slumming it around the lower leagues but the thought of being on a par with them makes me unhappy. Same as Yeovil and Brentford. Stay in the lower leagues where you belong, please.

So, for me...

I've enjoyed my trips to Sheffield United - a proper old football ground with a home crowd that can be quite intimidating.
Are we supposed to still like Donny? If so, them.

And for my third wish, genie, I'll go for Bournemouth. Just because the odd Southern fixture is nice to have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did anyone watch the FLS last night? Donny's pitch is awful, as it was last season. We couldn't get out passing game going at all.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Orient? Really? It was fun whilst it lasted whilst we were slumming it around the lower leagues but the thought of being on a par with them makes me unhappy. Same as Yeovil and Brentford. Stay in the lower leagues where you belong, please.

So, for me...

I've enjoyed my trips to Sheffield United - a proper old football ground with a home crowd that can be quite intimidating.
Are we supposed to still like Donny? If so, them.

And for my third wish, genie, I'll go for Bournemouth. Just because the odd Southern fixture is nice to have.

I like it when small clubs come up and thumb their noses at the big boys, so yes, Orient, really.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Sheffield United - good memories of going there in early 2005(?), I think. Nice place and a 'proper' football team.
Brentford - Easy to get to for me, being based in West London. Pub on each corner of the ground.
Bournemouth - I'd be pleased for Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook, and it casts Pompey ever further adrift in terms of the south coast hierarchy.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I can't believe the amount of people who want Yeovil up. Shit town, shit ground miles away from the ground and we will probably get them on a Tuesday night anyway and the station shuts at 9pm!

Donny, Tranmere and sheff utd for me.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I can't believe the amount of people who want Yeovil up. Shit town, shit ground miles away from the ground and we will probably get them on a Tuesday night anyway and the station shuts at 9pm!

Donny, Tranmere and sheff utd for me.

First paragraph, yep I'm there with you. Then you go and suggest Tranmere! :facepalm:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The three worst teams possible, so that we can methodically strip them of 18 points collectivly as our Lord and
Saviour Jose Ulloa continues his mercilessly bloodthirsty goal-mageddon.

And I quite like Bournemouth.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Donny of course. Other than that I'm not too fussed, though Walsall are to be applauded for sticking with their manager when they had a shocking run, and for batting above their spending weight in the first place. You do wonder what may happen to them if they came up, though - this is a bloody unforgiving division, ain't it?

Brentford's a nice local trip, but recent visits haven't exactly been fun-packed, have they?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Donny of course. Other than that I'm not too fussed, though Walsall are to be applauded for sticking with their manager when they had a shocking run, and for batting above their spending weight in the first place. You do wonder what may happen to them if they came up, though - this is a bloody unforgiving division, ain't it?

Brentford's a nice local trip, but recent visits haven't exactly been fun-packed, have they?

I think singing the Elliott Bennett song for 10 minutes or so was more entertaining than the football on our last visit!

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
On the working assumption that we're still playing Championship football next season, which teams would you prefer to join us from League 1?

Currenty Donny sit top of the pile, with Bournemouth 2nd (but played more games)

Playoffs are:

Brentford
Sheff Utd
Swindon
Yeovil

Below them are:

Tranmere
Walsall
Orient
MK Dons

With Crawley a couple of places lower

So, who would you like to add to our away game roster?

Brentford and orient

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here