Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Who would YOU like to see win the F1 World Championship?

Who would you like to win the F1 world championship ?

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He has got a serious rival but I still want Hamilton to win because he is British and Verstappen and Horner are *****.
Not so long ago Vettel was also a serious rival.

Rivals maybe, but no one good enough to take the Wolrld Championship from him in recent years. Although a lot of that is down to the quality of the car that they drive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rivals maybe, but no one good enough to take the Wolrld Championship from him in recent years. Although a lot of that is down to the quality of the car that they drive.

The only one who managed it, with DNF’s from Lewis deciding it, retired a day or two after he won the Championship. That says a lot about the mental strain of competing on level terms with Lewis.

Too many anti Lewis posters bang on about him having the best car without taking into account how he blows away just about every team mate without the team being just about him. Merc drivers can race whilst both are in with a chance of the title. Max is all that matters to Red Bull, his team mates play second fiddle from race one of the season. It was the same with Vettel when he was there.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Of course the car plays a big part, but the car doesn't slip down the inside under stupidly late breaking that has a lot to do with the size of the drivers balls.
Both Hamilton and Verstappen are top racers and one car is more suited to certain tracks.
Has a complete all round car ever been developed that is capable of winning on any track, I can't think of one, it's either straight line speed or cornering, but you are dealing with 100's of a second difference.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Lewis and Mercs, have they won too many?

Max, we need a new Champion?

Don’t care, may the best man win.

Lewis. He is our one true great world class sportsman. Why is there even a question for this website audience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
FFS.

Who would you like to win the next world cup?

England?

Or Germany?

If you're referring to the nationalities of the two drivers in the poll you need to be aware that one in British and the other is Dutch.

And you would be ill advised to mistake a Dutchman for a German [esp to their face]

Of course, if the question was "who do you want to win the F1 constructors championship this year" ....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you're referring to the nationalities of the two drivers in the poll you need to be aware that one in British and the other is Dutch.

And you would be ill advised to mistake a Dutchman for a German [esp to their face]

Of course, if the question was "who do you want to win the F1 constructors championship this year" ....

That's me told :wink:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
My mate is a massive Schumacher fan. I am now much more knowledgeable about how good he was after watching the documentary film. He can’t stand seeing Hamilton taking his records.

Hamilton used to be a petulant, brash young guy. He’s still aggressive and a bit of a tool. But he’s a brilliant on the track; smooth, looks after wheels, great at overtaking, on the right side of competitive - he’s undoubtedly a great driver.

Verstappen reminds me of Hamilton when he was younger and Schumacher for that matter. I like verstappen but not yet. Two more years of Hamilton please and then Verstappen, Russell and Norris, among others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I find myself backing the entertainment but neither driver.

I thoroughly dislike Verstappen. He's an absolute mega talent as a driver, but his personality and attitude are just terrible.

And I've never really got on with Hamilton either. Again, appreciate his talent. And he's matured both on and off track as his career has progressed. But I still can't bring myself to back him, especially given he's had a very easy time of it the last few years having the best-in-class car and no one to challenge him over a full season in the other car. (No, even Rosberg didn't achieve this in the year he won the WDC. That WDC was a triumph of reliability and catching Hamilton in a year where he lacked focus).

Really enjoying this season nevertheless - it's been great to see two drivers go at it for the title and regardless of which actually wins it, they'll have "won" it on their own merits. No question both of them have been on top of their game this season, and the balance of power between their respective teams has fluctuated nicely.

Looking forward to the new cars next season and seeing which teams and drivers get it right. Also looking forward to the approaching "changing of the guard" that's starting from next season. Kimi retiring, Russell moving to Merc gets us started. Then for 2023 or 2024 I expect we'll see Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, and Bottas all retire as well. Maybe Ricciardo as well. That will usher in a new era of WDC battles: Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris, Russell, [Piastri], Gasly (one way or another he'll find a seat at a top team), possibly Mick Schu - depending on which teams do well in the new regs and which teams the drivers end up joining, it could be either a Verstappen title fest similar to the recent Hamilton run, or a period of absolute ding-dong fun.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lewis Hamilton in a heartbeat.

Verstappen should have this title race wrapped up already, he probably would be wearing the crown now if he'd left room at Silverstone. He makes these rash decisions such as at Brazil when he should have had a penalty but got away with that one, and it may well cost him. He is incredibly fast though, his starts are amazing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still does it as Mercedes often over think strategy when it comes to the crunch.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I find myself backing the entertainment but neither driver.

I thoroughly dislike Verstappen. He's an absolute mega talent as a driver, but his personality and attitude are just terrible.

And I've never really got on with Hamilton either. Again, appreciate his talent. And he's matured both on and off track as his career has progressed. But I still can't bring myself to back him, especially given he's had a very easy time of it the last few years having the best-in-class car and no one to challenge him over a full season in the other car. (No, even Rosberg didn't achieve this in the year he won the WDC. That WDC was a triumph of reliability and catching Hamilton in a year where he lacked focus).

Really enjoying this season nevertheless - it's been great to see two drivers go at it for the title and regardless of which actually wins it, they'll have "won" it on their own merits. No question both of them have been on top of their game this season, and the balance of power between their respective teams has fluctuated nicely.

Looking forward to the new cars next season and seeing which teams and drivers get it right. Also looking forward to the approaching "changing of the guard" that's starting from next season. Kimi retiring, Russell moving to Merc gets us started. Then for 2023 or 2024 I expect we'll see Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, and Bottas all retire as well. Maybe Ricciardo as well. That will usher in a new era of WDC battles: Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris, Russell, [Piastri], Gasly (one way or another he'll find a seat at a top team), possibly Mick Schu - depending on which teams do well in the new regs and which teams the drivers end up joining, it could be either a Verstappen title fest similar to the recent Hamilton run, or a period of absolute ding-dong fun.

Personality and attitude goes through F1 like a stick of Brighton Rock.
It's almost childlike at times, the competitiveness can be ridiculous, even between team drivers.
Horner is a classic case of this as was Vettel, but most are the same, its as if they all hate each other.
It's not like that with the bikes (not much anyway) there is much more respect mainly due to the fact that its bloody dangerous and every time they hop on their bikes they will probably come flying off at up to 200 mph.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Personality and attitude goes through F1 like a stick of Brighton Rock.
It's almost childlike at times, the competitiveness can be ridiculous, even between team drivers.
Horner is a classic case of this as was Vettel, but most are the same, its as if they all hate each other.
It's not like that with the bikes (not much anyway) there is much more respect mainly due to the fact that its bloody dangerous and every time they hop on their bikes they will probably come flying off at up to 200 mph.

Verstappen is a step apart for me. There's a difference between arrogant certainty in oneself (eg Schumacher, Hamilton) and petulant selfish entitlement (Verstappen). Hamilton and Schumacher could both step into the team player role when necessary. Verstappen has shown multiple times that he won't accept anything that puts someone else first. For all of which I primarily blame Jos (he's clearly brought up Max to believe he's the best and to do whatever it takes to win and that others should and will step aside for him), and secondarily the whole Red Bull set up that refuses to discipline their current favourite driver (which we saw with Vettel originally, and now with Verstappen).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree with Audax, no time for MV, Horner or Red Bull.

Looking forward to Russell @ Merc and would be good to see Norris up a notch.

Good to see Alonso get a podium yesterday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm a Lewis fan but the main thing for me is that the eventual winner wins fair and square.

What would be a travesty is if either driver nicked it by a point for driving the fastest lap in the final race. For me this bonus point has been a disaster because it is a reward for failure. Most of the time it is won by a driver who is well behind the leader and who pits late on with a low fuel load.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Christian Horner has got on my nerves this season, so it's Lewis for me (although it would be Lewis anyway)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here