Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you buy?

JoeBHAFC

Jun 12, 2011
South West London
We've already sign two players in buckley and hoskins, but with gus saying there's more money to spend, who would you choose?
Me personally would buy jack cork form chelsea, gus's links with chelsea could help there, then would try to sign lansbury from arsenal, maybe on loan if hes willing - Wenger wants to loan him out. Then Lualua, who wants to come to the albion...

Last edited:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Where's Mark Yeates now? He was a good, under appreciated winger when I last saw him.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Where's Mark Yeates now? He was a good, under appreciated winger when I last saw him.

Either Middlesborough or Sheff Utd I think. He was the one at Colchester wasn't he? If so he was class.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Don't know the names that would want to come, be wanted, fit into Gus's style, and fit our payroll structure. But positionally we still need:

Top class tall batting centre-half
Left back
Right back
Class striker / who is also creator of chances for partner & midfield runners (replacing Murray, but proven Champ level)
Central midfield creator with pace (replacing Bennett)
No 1 or 2 goalie (Brezovan not good enough)
and K.LuaLua

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We've already sign two players in buckley and hoskins, but with gus saying there's more money to spend, who would you choose?
Me personally would buy jack cork form chelsea, gus's links with chelsea could help there, then would try to sign lansbury from arsenal, maybe on loan if hes willing - Wenger wants to loan him out. Then Lualua, who wants to come to the albion...

If I'm honest, I think that Cork and Lansbury are unlikely. Of the names mentioned, I think we could definitely get Michael Woods and Neil Kilkenny to bolster the central midfield options and LuaLua seems to be likely at the moment. Up front, it will be interesting to see who we go for. I think we do need a bigger option up front, at least to bring off the bench if we need something different, and a first choice striker, who will probably end up costing the most. Someone like Simon Cox is not impossible but this player will probably be the most interesting signing of the summer.

Defensively, Gus has mentioned he is looking for a full back and centre half. I don't know of anyone and all the rumours seem to mention attacking players so won't bother suggesting anyone.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I would try for 3 season long loans from Spurs if the wages werent a problem Keane, Jenas and Cudicini.

Trouble is they're on £40k plus a week.
£2m for 1 player's annual wages, out of a (new higher) club annual turnover of say £20m, doesn't add-up.

The alleged Murray Palace wages of £13k a week (probably a lot less), is indicative of maximum Champ level wages.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
St ledger - surely we need to be competing with likes of Ipswich
Chopra - but Ipswich just got him for 1.5m
Billy sharp?
kLL - of course
Paul mcshane - was on loan at Barnsley at end of season
GK - lonergan at relegated Preston, myhill (WBA #2), Dean gherkin (Bristol city #2)
jim mcnulty - will be like a new signing and a great back up to painter
Marc Pugh - Bournemouth

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need some foreign flair

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Trouble is they're on £40k plus a week.
£2m for 1 player's annual wages, out of a (new higher) club annual turnover of say £20m, doesn't add-up.

The alleged Murray Palace wages of £13k a week (probably a lot less), is indicative of maximum Champ level wages.

I did say if wages werent a problem lets put it another way if we had to pay 10% of their wages and Spurs paid the rest they would be the 3 I would go for in a hopeful world.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sam Vokes

Marc Pugh and Jason Pearce

LuaLUa

Michael Woods

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
St ledger - surely we need to be competing with likes of Ipswich
Chopra - but Ipswich just got him for 1.5m
Billy sharp?
kLL - of course
Paul mcshane - was on loan at Barnsley at end of season
GK - lonergan at relegated Preston, myhill (WBA #2), Dean gherkin (Bristol city #2)
jim mcnulty - will be like a new signing and a great back up to painter
Marc Pugh - Bournemouth

some good shouts there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here