Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would work as a steward at the Amex

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I believe a few of them were stewards at the Goldstone, so it can't be that bad.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've got a programme from West Ham at the beginning of the 1985-86 season asking for stewards.

Like to lend a hand?
If you are a regular supporter and feel you would really like to be part of the club we have the answer. Become a steward.
We have a few vacancies for Stewards to officiate at our first team matches. It is an important and essential job and one which makes you part of the West Ham United tradition.
Amongst the obvious perks is free admission to the games. If you are interested then write to the Chief Executive, West Ham United F.C., Green Street, Upton Park, London E13 9AZ.

This was in the bad old days of hooliganism, just after Heysel. English football was in the gutter and the attendances were the lowest on the opening day since the war. I doubt any checks would have been made by the police for any arrests or convictions. The ICF were one of the most feared firms in the country at the time and Upton Park was an intimidating place to go so no great surprises there were steward vacancies. :whistle:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I have to say that, as a sort of ordinary type of bloke who was in WSU last season and ESU this, the stewards in both areas have been absolutely 'top' . Happy to chat and most helpful if ever required, that, including finding empty seats at HT when partner and I had grand children along and had two seats away from ST location.

Hope someone at the club reads this post !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here