Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who would wanna be a soilder?

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
had a bloke in the bar last night got his legs blown off in a raodside bomb in iraq 2 yrs back. poor buggur is stuffed and dont even have the money to drown is sorrows. it aint right. i just dont get why anyones even joinin the forces these days. what is the point i ask ya.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
it aint rite guv, it aint rite. chim chimeney chim chimeney chim chim cheroo.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
It's currently $92.20/bbl in London. When does that happen?

i know. if you're going to enter into an illegal war, kill thousands and displace millions, you should at least be able to get to work on the cheap. tsk. we needn't have bothered.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The army life was never for me there's far too much discipline involved for my liking.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I met that bloke from the Falklands war who had his face burned off.Many of you will know who I mean.

So no,it isn't a joke,and yes it's easy to take a pop at a typo on the thread.Spookily,I deliver our Parish Newspaper to the Army houses in our village,and our "local" marines have just shipped out to Afghanistan to protect us from the tribesmen who might otherwise trek over here and destroy society as we know it.

So who'd be a soldier? Not me,and judging by the worried looks on the army wives and kids,not many of them either.

They don't want their loved ones in a body bag for Christmas.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's a 'raodside bomb'?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is the war in Afghanistan about? I've forgotten. Are they still looking for Osama or is it regime change?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If I new what a soilder was I would pass comment !!!!! So as I don't I can't comment.
They are armed combatants who shit (or "soil") themselves in the heat of battle. I've read about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here