Who would make a good captain out of the present squad?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The question remains whether Dunk remains fairly silent on the field because he is deferring to the captain Greer alongside him, or whether he's a quiet sort of person generally.

If Calde was 5 years younger it would be a no-brainer.

I like defenders as captains because they tend to stay on the field for a full 90 mins. If Kayal is captain and gets subbed on 75mins there's the prospect it could go tits up in the last 15mins. So my default position is Dunk.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Greer, but I have my doubts as to how much he will play next season. Kayal is clearly a leader but I think Stephens may be the way forward when/if Greer is not selected.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I would be surprised. Too many basic defensive errors for me at the moment, from what I have seen. The lad has talent, but he has to sort those out if he has ambitions to play in the PL. Of course, he may just want to be a squad player on inflated wages, but I would be surprised if any PL teams came knocking this summer.

I view him much the same way I did Liam... Certainly not a dead-cert future Cheshire-living, ManU/C star, but a reasonable gamble for a low/mid PL team to take on without too much cash (for them) being risked. The Liam gamble hasn't/won't pay off for Sunderland, but that's not to say that it wouldn't for Lewis. And also-ran PL teams will continue to buy players like them from the championship and give them a chance.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Are we forgetting Andrew Crofts who DID captain us previously?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports