• Draw

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Amy Winehead ???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
With 38 days to go WHO do you think will come out on top?
I Think Australia to win 3-1, with someone having a superb series which includes 2-3 hundreds.

Poll to follow

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think we might scrape a series draw.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It will be close. England have actually played well in their last 2 series. They did lose in the Windies, but they looked the more likely side on pitches that were a disgrace.

10 players seem to pick themselves for England at the moment and the last bowling spot seems to be between Onion, Sidebottom, Harmison and Monty. Bearing in mind the Aussies do not really have any spin options, England should be preparing wickets that will take spin and play Monty and Swann.

Really is stupid we are not using Trent Bridge and Old Trafford, which are wickets normally best suited to our bowlers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Difficult to say at the moment. The weather could play a huge part in it. If we lose time it might be to our advantage as we may pinch a result or two and possibly frustrate the Aussies. you can't win a test match in the pavillion.

However, its predicted that we are in for a belter of a summer and if thats so it will favour the convicts. Aussie bowlers love hot,dry conditions as do their batsmen. Be prepared for the odd Aussie first day scoreline of something like 286 -2 ..... if the engine room of their batting gets going I would not want to be an Engalnd bowler.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not sure, WI are shit.... It's a shame all the sri lanka players are playing in the ipl because I think that would of been a good test for us

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It will be close. England have actually played well in their last 2 series. They did lose in the Windies, but they looked the more likely side on pitches that were a disgrace.

10 players seem to pick themselves for England at the moment and the last bowling spot seems to be between Onion, Sidebottom, Harmison and Monty. Bearing in mind the Aussies do not really have any spin options, England should be preparing wickets that will take spin and play Monty and Swann.

Really is stupid we are not using Trent Bridge and Old Trafford, which are wickets normally best suited to our bowlers.

Uncle, we are not using Trent Bridge and Old Trafford due to money. Grounds were invited to tender an amount for staging a test to the ECB and the highest bidders got the contracts. Cricket used to have tradition and 10 years ago an average cricket buff could name the sequence of grounds for the summer tests. its a sad day when cash wins over tradition.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Uncle, we are not using Trent Bridge and Old Trafford due to money. Grounds were invited to tender an amount for staging a test to the ECB and the highest bidders got the contracts. Cricket used to have tradition and 10 years ago an average cricket buff could name the sequence of grounds for the summer tests. its a sad day when cash wins over tradition.

Annoying thing in my mind is the first test is in Cardiff rather than Lords, I think Lords should always open up the ashes.:shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I agree. It seems that the ECB are more interested in how much money they can make than winning the Ashes. You wouldn't get the Aussies giving us more chance by not playing at their favourite grounds for a bit more money.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well it is the England and WALES Cricket Board.

Good point doug, there have definitely been Glamorgan players who have turned out for the England team (don't ask me to name any)...only fair that Wales gets its chance to host a test match.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good point doug, there have definitely been Glamorgan players who have turned out for the England team (don't ask me to name any)...only fair that Wales gets its chance to host a test match.

Simon Jones and Robert Croft are fairly recent England and Glamorgan players

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Well it is the England and WALES Cricket Board.

That wasn't the reasoning behind not wanting it to start in Cardiff, I just think it should always start at the most famous ground in England, which is Lords.:thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon it is a hard one to call, there is no doubt that the last series in Australia was pretty one sided...the one before in England was more even, possibly one of the most exciting test series in my living memory, I think this one could be similar and go down to the wire...only time will tell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here