Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Ashley Barnes as target for the moaners?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Wow!
Must be quite lucky where we stand in the north,
not (too) much slating of individual players, but just trying to get behind the team,
more people should try it???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
CMS invites a better class of moaner. The type who demand a bit more than a dreamy smile, smashing hair, a top class finish twice a season and generally insane chicken-headed gimpery.

You won't be able to moan at him for months.............. 'The injury mate..... Ffs, he's not match fit yet. Give the geezer a chance'

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
The knob I have the misfortune to sit next to in WSL is going to be stuffed and have to actually try identifying our other players. Any player, who misses a chance, makes a poor pass or gives the ball away is always called Barnes.

Marmite man is going to be missed, he has been a tool on occasions with some of his needless sending offs or bookings, but I wish him well with is move.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
The thing with Barnes lovers and haters, all are correct.

Sometimes he puts in a solid performance and scores, sometimes he is woeful and misses sitters, and sometimes he is over aggresive and petulant.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
The knob I have the misfortune to sit next to in WSL is going to be stuffed and have to actually try identifying our other players. Any player, who misses a chance, makes a poor pass or gives the ball away is always called Barnes.

Marmite man is going to be missed, he has been a tool on occasions with some of his needless sending offs or bookings, but I wish him well with is move.

The bloke doesn't wear a bobble hat and sit near the halfway line does he? There is a bloke there who is a quite amusing!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would have thought Barber was a shoe in for this.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I reckon the bloke who sits next to me will switch his attention to either Kaz or Spanish Dave...

I have been one of Barnes' loudest and most consistent critics. I think it will be many years, if ever that I will view an Albion player in such a negative light. I believe he is the most over rated player in our history and after spending thousands of pounds watching him feel I have the right to moan that he is not good enough and a bad sport on the pitch. A different view to many I know.

I moaned to a much lesser degree a couple of years ago that we needed a new keeper, I am now much happier with pig.

Whatever team lines up on Saturday I will be 100% behind....unless Barnes plays of course.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have been one of Barnes' loudest and most consistent critics. I think it will be many years, if ever that I will view an Albion player in such a negative light. I believe he is the most over rated player in our history and after spending thousands of pounds watching him feel I have the right to moan that he is not good enough and a bad sport on the pitch. A different view to many I know.

I moaned to a much lesser degree a couple of years ago that we needed a new keeper, I am now much happier with pig.

Whatever team lines up on Saturday I will be 100% behind....unless Barnes plays of course.

You've never played the game have you:wrong:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Typical response from a Barnes supporter.

I would not take Barnes on a free transfer. How much would you pay for him if you were a manager then?

Can I ask you a couple of questions then?

1. On the basis he's scored 45(ish) goals for us in the last 3.5 seasons (averaging about 12/13 per season) as an auxiliary striker or makeshift winger, what more could he have done to make you appreciate his contribution? Is it just a case of more goals, or something else?
2. If the answer to (1) is relating to his temper, play-acting/bitching to the ref etc, would you not agree he is 10x improved on that this season compared to last?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Typical response from a Barnes supporter.

I would not take Barnes on a free transfer. How much would you pay for him if you were a manager then?

I never said I was a Barnes fan.I can see his flaws but I don't hate him as you appear to do.
Have you ever played the game?
I played Sunday League for 22years which gives me a view on players.
Burnley seem to rate him more than you tho.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Can I ask you a couple of questions then?

1. On the basis he's scored 45(ish) goals for us in the last 3.5 seasons (averaging about 12/13 per season) as an auxiliary striker or makeshift winger, what more could he have done to make you appreciate his contribution? Is it just a case of more goals, or something else?
2. If the answer to (1) is relating to his temper, play-acting/bitching to the ref etc, would you not agree he is 10x improved on that this season compared to last?

1. I know 45 goals looks great as a statistic but I can think of about 20 strikers that have played for the Albion that I preferred to watch. I think the fact he played in one of the greatest league one sides of all time under Poyet helped his goal tally a lot, an advantage many Albion strikers didn't have (In fact most of the strikers I think were better were in teams battling relegation:D .)

2. I really don't like that side of football. To give support to the worst offender in our side would be a bit two faced, so yes there is a percentage of truth there. I haven't seen much improvement in his performances over the years. I didn't rate him at Withdean and I don't now. However I think he scored the best goal of 2013 and felt a bit sorry for him coming 2nd.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I never said I was a Barnes fan.I can see his flaws but I don't hate him as you appear to do.
Have you ever played the game?
I played Sunday League for 22years which gives me a view on players.
Burnley seem to rate him more than you tho.

I do not hate Barnes!
I don't like to pay to watch him play that is all. Many people have told me off the pitch he is a lovely bloke.
Yes you have much more experience of Sunday League football than me.
I'm glad Burnley rate him more than me also.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I do not hate Barnes!
I don't like to pay to watch him play that is all. Many people have told me off the pitch he is a lovely bloke.

and you leave early.......

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I do not hate Barnes!

I would be embarrassed posting that but each to his own

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Could you read the question in the title of this thread please. There have been roughly Twp thousand opportunities in the last few years for you to provide us with your incisive insight. Sadly it looks like you have missed the boat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here