Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will play at left back on Saturday?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Maxi for me. But agree with those who say Spanish Dave was poor last night, didn't look fully fit then played 120 mins! El abd at RB there is no way the red card will get overturned.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Would be a pretty boring forum if everyone thought the same thing.

I'd play Maxi instead of Upson purely because I can't see Upson really going up and down the wing - he'd play like a third centreback. Maxi did a great job yesterday getting forward and supporting the front players.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Dunk listed as left back tonight for DS according to official bhafc twitter feed, anyone there to verify that's position he's playing?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd play Maxi instead of Upson purely because I can't see Upson really going up and down the wing - he'd play like a third centreback. Maxi did a great job yesterday getting forward and supporting the front players.

Yeah that's probably the best argument for it. Just thought I'd throw Upson suggestion out there as seemed to have been ignored as an option previously.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Maxi's done OK - I really think our midfield needs the extra class of Dave there as Crofts and Bridcutt have been disappointing and Kemi is still finding his feet. El Abd at rightback.

We are very under powered and under cooked at the moment, which given our strong pre-season fixtures is odd - but it shows the squad has weakened in depth to the extent we are having to play out of form players and those still not at full fitness.

Will be a famous victory if Oscar pulls off something against middling Derby, that's how our expectations are changing

El-Abd at right back is not a good option, yes he has played there before, but at this level, no thank you.

Lopez does not look fully fit and right back is probably the position that he can get away with playing not quite there.

Long time no reply and all that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Advantage of Upson is you get Adam El-Abd on the field too but I'd still go Maxi assuming Chicksen is injured. Shame about Calde else he would have been there with Lopez RB

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
El-Abd at right back is a scary prospect these days. Remember Reading away the other year when he was brutally exposed by their wingers. Would rather stick with Spanish Dave at right back.

Watching the poor guy trying to run last night was scary. He looked like he was practically running backwards.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Presuming we don't get a new signing by the weekend, I'd have thought Upson? Pretty sure he's played there before?

I'd have thought he would be a better option than Maksimenko or Orlandi? Although Maksi did alright last night.

Calderon. Same as the first two games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If the appeal is unsuccessful then it has to be Makimenko at left back. He looked solid enough against Newport and got up and down the wing well. Lopez continues at right back for me with Orlandi coming into the midfield alongside Bridcutt and Kemy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maksi on the left, Lopez on the right.

Unless Calde's red gets rescinded, in which case, Maksi and Calde.

Would be my picks too in lieu of the required LB signing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why the hell can't we get a decent left back in? We knew that Bridge was leaving some time ago. Why do signings seem to take so long at the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here