Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Will Get Relegated From The Championship?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
No one's really looking terrible - apart from Wolves at the moment .
Two of the 3 teams relegated will most likely go down with record points for a relegated team .
Such an open & interesting league - unlike the one we aspire to .

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No one's really looking terrible - apart from Wolves at the moment .
Two of the 3 teams relegated will most likely go down with record points for a relegated team .
Such an open & interesting league - unlike the one we aspire to .

Was thinking the same thing - what a great league the Championship is, truly competitive. Only 12 games to go and probably ten teams still in with at least a slim shout of promotion, another ten in danger of going down...

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Blimey that's some turnaround for Wolves. You're expecting them to do better than us, 18 from 11 vs 19 from 12??

I've been a bit pessimistic when it comes to our fortunes but I think Wolves will turn it around, starting with a win at Millwall tonight.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The last few years anyone with 50 was safe, last year 41 would have kept you up.

This year I think even 50 points might be relegated so I'd say the bottom 10 (up to and including Charlton) are still in trouble

My three are

Wolves - seem in complete chaos, how Saunders can go there and announce they're aiming for the play offs says much about the bloke and the attitude within the club
Huddersfield - in (relative) free fall, shipping goals like a sieve even with a decent keeper. Injuries have hampered them but the rot seems to have set in
Wednesday - I don't think they will get relegated but I despise their fans and twat of a Manager so much that I haven't given up hope. As bad a team as I've seen play at the Amex; they are better suited to L2 football where no doubt they could proudly consider themselves MASSIVE

I agree with you i think it will be over 50pts to stay up and fair play to Peterborough, Bristol City and Barnsley they have put a run together. Without looking at their run ins i would go for:-

Hudders
Wolves
Bristol City

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
alot of teams clambering over each other down there

plenty more twists and turns to come

I think Barnsley,Peterboro & Wolves will all escape

here's my three

22 Blackpool
23 Huddersfield
24 Bristol City

Blackpool :facepalm: :dunce:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
ahhh, the relegation zone. I forget what it's like down in the those parts #thanksgus

If Wolves and Blackburn get relegated it will totally undermine the argument that parachute payments are some sort of panacea guaranteeing teams an early return to the premiership.
I have read many people on here saying that it will be OK to get promoted and then get relegated the following season because the cushion of these payments will then sustain a further promotion challenge - clearly not so this season and on many other occasions previously.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope Bristol City make a go of staying up starting with next Saturday at home to Bolton.

Bristol City are really in the last chance saloon, and the Bolton game is pretty much must win for them.

Let's hope they throw everything at Bolton on Saturday and get the win.

Feb 3, 2013
I think Blackburn, they could easily go with their lack if support and manager, for me it's:
22nd Blackburn
23rd Peterborough
24th Bristol city

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If Wolves and Blackburn get relegated it will totally undermine the argument that parachute payments are some sort of panacea guaranteeing teams an early return to the premiership.
I have read many people on here saying that it will be OK to get promoted and then get relegated the following season because the cushion of these payments will then sustain a further promotion challenge - clearly not so this season and on many other occasions previously.

But it is the norm. Blackburn have been in total chaos and the money has been largely irrelevant, Wolves I think were stuck with a crap Manager and players that (at least initially) thought they were too good for this division. The clubs with the largest budgets will have the best chance of success and vice versa, there are always exceptions of course but as a general principle it holds true.

I'm definitely in the camp that says get promoted, hopefully stay up, but if relegated use the parachutes to build a strong squad capable of sustaining in the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here