Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will be the first team to beat us in the league?

Who will be the first to defeat us in the league?

• Wolves

Votes: 32 11.6%
  • Bolton

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Leeds

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Bristol

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Preston

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Reading

Votes: 28 10.1%
  • Sheff Wed

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • MK Dons

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Burnley

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Charlton

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Derby

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • QPR

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • Brentford

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Ipswich

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Wolves 2nd meeting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotherham

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Undefeated for next 20 games + !!!!

Votes: 44 15.9%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty sure we'll be top of the league after the QPR game, regardless of the result v Derby.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Could be the Boxing Day Disaster..Bees will be up for it.

I always think it is better to play away from home on Boxing Day. The reason behind this thinking is that teams play at home, their players are at home on Xmas day so you can't control whether they drink or not. Playing away, the team usually travel the day before so the likelihood is that the players will not get the opportunity to consume alcohol and will possibly even have some light training the day before.

For that reason I have a feeling we won't lose at Brentford

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Alternatively, how can you be "pretty sure" about something like that FFS?
Can't believe you're having a go at me for feeling sure about it. I've seen enough interviews with Chris to have an idea what he's like and a) he doesn't strike me as the sort of person that's over concerned with a half season statistic and b) he always comes across as level headed and sensibly taking one game at a time, so I feel sure he wouldn't be targeting much more than a result on Saturday (he will of course have an eye on January transfers etc).

100% Correct - I met with him on Monday and I started to talk about promotion and he refused to discuss it and said ''one game at a time. If you start to look too far ahead you run the risk of taking your eye off the task in hand''
Can I be pretty sure now please Simster?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I always think it is better to play away from home on Boxing Day. The reason behind this thinking is that teams play at home, their players are at home on Xmas day so you can't control whether they drink or not. Playing away, the team usually travel the day before so the likelihood is that the players will not get the opportunity to consume alcohol and will possibly even have some light training the day before.

For that reason I have a feeling we won't lose at Brentford
I'd be interested to see some stats on Home / Away results on Boxing day. I don't think our lot would be drinking on Christmas day this year either way, I'd hope they'd feel drinking would be letting the team down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace in the prem. next season?
Would settle for that if that Palace fixture was 19 matches into next season !

:rock:

We need to deliver another professional performance and bring back a point or three from Derby.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This thread should probably be gold by now.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
When I originally picked Brentford I thought I'd be miles out but it's getting to the stage that I hope I'm going to be wrong. Couple of tricky matches first though.
Shame on those that had no faith!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whilst I still think it will be Brentford, who have the 4-0 hex on us, after getting one of the most difficult games out of the way, we have nothing to particularly fear until Hull Away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here