Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will be Brighton's top *Premier League* goalscorer this season?

Who will be Brighton's top *Premier League* goalscorer this season?

• Trossard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Groß

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac Allister

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • Mitoma

Votes: 151 74.4%
  • March

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Welbeck

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mitoma, possibly with some margin.
Mitoma's shot accuracy is currently 60% and his goal ratio one goal in every three PL games. Ferguson has three goals in eight PL games this season and a shot accuracy of 56%.

Compare that to Maupay who last season, despite some thrilling last minute goals, only scored once in every four games and had a 25% shooting accuracy.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I can see Ferguson start to bang ‘em in.
It will be very close because everyone looks like scoring at the moment. I’m gonna stick my neck out and say Fergie will just pip it!

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Have a lovely feeling that Big Ev is gonna go on a scoring spree, starting with a hat trick against that utter shower from SE25. So, the Fergiemeister for me!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
March to shade it for me. (Unless, of course, the club sees sense and gets the L1 at best bozo off the wage bill pronto)

Mitoma is the obvious one, but I just have a sneaking suspicion that Solly will overtake him.

Mac Allister will need a few more pens as well as a likely 2 or 3 non-pens, but he's a fair shout too.

Gross needs Mac Allister to get injured so he's back on pens...

I reckon Ferguson will rotate too much with Welbeck to make up the deficit.

I can actually see a dead heat for March, Mitoma and Mac... 15 each and Ferguson on 10?! :albion:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Mitoma's shot accuracy is currently 60% and his goal ratio one goal in every three PL games. Ferguson has three goals in eight PL games this season and a shot accuracy of 56%.

Compare that to Maupay who last season, despite some thrilling last minute goals, only scored once in every four games and had a 25% shooting accuracy.
Shot accuracy, is massively dependent on where you shoot from though.

Saturdays goal show's why Mitoma gets goals and Maupay doesn't. The good old fashioned virtue, of getting in there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shot accuracy, is massively dependent on where you shoot from though.

Saturdays goal show's why Mitoma gets goals and Maupay doesn't. The good old fashioned virtue, of getting in there.
I agree it's dependent. Not "massively" though - you still need a good, calm player to finish.

My point was more that Ferguson and Mitoma, if they were to play the same number of games could well score an identical number of goals. Crucially they would both beat Maupay. "Getting in there" is exactly part of it. RDZ's playing with a conventional back four and wide attackers allows the wingers to get in there as the full back can overlap them or cover back, depending on what's required. There are times when March and Mitoma play like old fashioned inside-forwards and they are getting the goals as a result.

Still need to finish 'em though :wink:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It could be any of them. Heard on today's Totally Football Show Podcast that 12 of our 15 outfield players had a shot on Saturday. Lamptey was subbed off after 16 minutes and Sarmiento came on with only seven to go, so can both be forgiven. Webster played the full 90 without having a pop at West Ham's goal! RDZ will be into him this morning saying that he played well, but needs to add more goals.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I reckon Mitoma will get the highest total, but Ferguson will get the most goals per minute on the pitch.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gross will get a few more, be brilliant to see him reach double figures. Likewise March to get a few more.

Mitoma and Ferguson are the goal scorers.

AliMac pens and the odd worldie.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Toss up between Mitoma and Mac Allister for me ................ but wouldn't rule out Ferguson either.

FFS Uncle Tony, we can't go on like this - put yur hand in your pocket and buy a striker! :wink:

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
I want to say Mitoma or Undav. It's because I'm Japanese, so I like to see Mitoma scoring a lot for Brighton. Why Undav?. There are two reasons. Basically, I feel like supporting late developers. Undav has never scored in EPL yet. It's always nice to see a late developer like Undav score his first ever goal in the world's very top football league = EPL and keep scoring a lot. I think Mitoma will score 10 to 15 goals this season. If Undav becomes the top scorer of Brighton, it means he will scores 10 to 15 goals from now. If it actually happens, it will mean Brighton will win a Champion League's seat (finishing 4th, ahead of Spurs, Liverpool, New Castle, etc)

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trossard still at the top of our PL goalscoring charts, but surely not for long.

Current scores on the doors...

7 - Trossard
6 - Groß, Mac Allister, Mitoma
5 - March
3 - Ferguson
2 - Lallana, Welbeck

A few weeks later...

7 - Mac Allister, March, Trossard
6 - Groß, Mitoma
3 - Ferguson
2 - Lallana, Welbeck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports