Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be 7th Sub on Saturday ?

Who will bw 7th sub

• Total voters

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Any man who may score a goal if needed as we have enough defenders to use if they are needed on the bench already.

Well that is Calde then, he's scored more goals for the club than any choice other than Zamora (who I doubt will be fit enough anyway) and he can score with his face. His versatility is perfect for the bench in this instance.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Got to be Calde, who will of course then come off of said bench to score a 90th minute winner.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It has the "Bobby comes on and scores the last minute winner" written all over it (if he is fit enough to at least jog)!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Calde's played CB - not very well - but he's played there. I don't who else it could be though: Rea and Ince are on loan, Huenemeier is injured (and I think Dallison is too). So, cometh the hour, cometh the Calde ...

The same could be said of playing him left back so I wouldnt put another defender on the bench if needs must, move Bruno to CB and bring on Bong at left back moving Rosenior to his preferred position right back. We have to win not hold out for a draw and if we are leading in the 80th minute we have Sidwell and or Bong to bring on to be more defensive.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely however unfit there has to be a place for Zamora on the bench. Need a goal with 10 minutes to go he is the man you would want to see in the box.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
How unfit is Zamora? I am pretty unfit, but could still manage to kick a ball in the back of the net and run around for 10 minutes. If he is injured, how bad is the injury and what is the issue? He will no doubt retire at the end of this season anyway, so lets wheel him out and let his goal(s) take us up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's an interesting question. If Zamora is fit enough to play any part then he should definitely be on the bench. If not, Calde.

If either score the goal to take us up then it will be the greatest thing ever in the history of anything.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's an interesting question. If Zamora is fit enough to play any part then he should definitely be on the bench. If not, Calde.

If either score the goal to take us up then it will be the greatest thing ever in the history of anything.

That is talking with sentiment not logic why should Calderon replace BZ if Bobby is not fit enough, surely you need another potential goalscorer.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That is talking with sentiment not logic why should Calderon replace BZ if Bobby is not fit enough, surely you need another potential goalscorer.
Ok Mr Logic. Who is this potential goalscorer? Elvis?

Calderon can play in any position and can score goals. I'd back him to bag one over Manu any day. At least he'd stay onside.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
There is a CB shaped hole on our substitute bench, and I believe Calde is probably the most capable player we have of filling that exact position. We need to account for an injury early in the game to one of our defenders, otherwise we have no hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here