Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was your first favourite player?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My first Albion favourites were Wally Gould and Norman Gall.
Later on, my favourites were Wardy and Nobby Horton.
Away from Albion, I used to like Jack Kelsey and Alan Skirton of Arsenal.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
The football genius when you had Nelson & Bremner in the same team ???

I didn't start supporting the Albion until the back end of 1993, so just after Nelson and Bremner. My Albion baptism included enjoying the delights of Edwards, Farrington and Codner!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kit Napier.

Edit, that was my first favourite albion player. My first favourite player of any sort was George Best.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Garry Nelson.

First favourite non-Albion player: Gary Lineker

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Albion was probably Steve Penney.

I grew up liking Everton & West Ham too, and these were all favourites of mine in the mid 80s:

Neville Southall
Trevor Steven
Phil Parkes
Frank McAvennie
Kevin Sheedy
Peter Reid
Gary Stevens
Tony Cottee

Randomly, I really liked the Watford goalie too - Steve Sherwood iirc?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's clear that most of you (me included) were glory hunters when you first started taking an interest in football :lolol:

Brighton, everyone's 2nd 3rd or 4th team, call yourselves Brighton fans. Few of you seem to have started out as Albion fans :rolleyes:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's clear that most of you (me included) were glory hunters when you first started taking an interest in football :lolol:

Brighton, everyone's 2nd 3rd or 4th team, call yourselves Brighton fans. Few of you seem to have started out as Albion fans :rolleyes:

I did, when we were our absolute shittest in history.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Guilty as charged! I wasn't born in Sussex and when I moved here in 1965 (aged 8) I was a Chelsea fan. I cold have picked anyone really from that great Chelsea side of the mid/late 60s.
My first Albion favourite was probably Alan Duffy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Guilty as charged! I wasn't born in Sussex and when I moved here in 1965 (aged 8) I was a Chelsea fan. I cold have picked anyone really from that great Chelsea side of the mid/late 60s.
My first Albion favourite was probably Alan Duffy.

Likewise, I came to Sussex in 1975, I didn’t know anything about the Albion, in fact I didn’t even know they existed as all my attention had been on the top division. I guess there are now plenty of young kids who have Albion as their first ever club though :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Albion: Jeff Minton. Thought he was WAY too good to be playing for us in Division One (League Two now)

Then when I got back into watching the Albion 15ish years ago, Glenn Murray.

Away from the Albion - Dennis Bergkamp. He definitely meant that touch in the goal vs Newcastle, you can tell because he doesn't break stride whatsoever. Absolute genius with the most glorious technique.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kevin Keegan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here