Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Who was your favourite Python ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think Palin for me too.
Very funny in Python but not only went on to do great stuff afterwards but also his great travel documentaries and his books.
He is also a very good serious actor.
Fascinating in an interview and seems like a really nice gentle man as well.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Carol Cleveland

Not sure if she still lives in Brighton, but I met her at a Table Tennis finals show at the Sallis Benney in the 90s. Delightful person. Paul Xenon did magic with table tennis balls:smile:
P.s. Cleese for me. Mrs Earle votes Palin.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think Palin is probably the most likeable, though Cleese is the out and out best comedian among them.

There isn't one I don't like

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not sure if she still lives in Brighton, but I met her at a Table Tennis finals show at the Sallis Benney in the 90s. Delightful person. Paul Xenon did magic with table tennis balls:smile:
P.s. Cleese for me. Mrs Earle votes Palin.

Palin for me and then Tenergy 05 on the forehand and my old faithful Friendship 729 on the backhand :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Probably can't get away with posting a picture of Dion Dublin or Kevin Campbell any more

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Cleese is the only one I have met and he was a thoroughly decent chap. Palin always comes across as a jolly good chap too, although I suspect that Terry Jones was the one most likely to make you laugh if you met him in the street.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bollocks to that, Cleese made me laugh more than any of them. He also went on to greater things after Python, McCartney turned to shit after the Beatles

Grrrr

Not questioning his comedy. Fawlty Towers is Art.

And anyway, perhaps I'm being unfair. I was under the impression he'd had the slightly less offensive modern equivalent of the Eric Claptom moment a few years ago. . . . .

Just looked it up, yes, 'London no longer an English city'....and after criticism of that statement, accuses critics of 'political correctness' . . . .'disappointed' with the UK now so 'moving to the Carribean' :facepalm:

Diddums.

He seems to be the python equivalent of our mildly irritable undertaker/broadcaster :lolol:

I would have hoped for better, more insight/empathy and less reaction.:shrug:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That's like asking which child is your favourite.
I loved them all during and after Python.

Life of Brian is still my favourite film, it works on so many levels.

(Monty Python true fact : Sue Jones-Davies, who played Judith Iscariot, became Mayor of Aberystwyth in 2008 and overturned a long-standing ban on the showing of Life of Brian)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palin for me Always seems like a lovely bloke and the best actor of all the pythons.

Ripping Yarns was my entry point for all things Python. Loved it.,Obviously Golden Gordon was great, but my personal favourite was Curse of the Claw.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It was a close call but after mulling things over and how much i still titter about it , the Black Knight sketch is my number 1 , just pipping the Upper Class Twit of the year .

MhpVB.gif

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Probably Michael Palin, have read his collected diaries and they are very interesting. Others were all great as well, and honorary mention for Douglas Adams as well, who worked with them (as I was reminded earlier on Twitter of this).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lost respect for Cleese when he told TMS to get lost when they asked him to do A View From The Boundary. You don't treat TMS that way.

Palin easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here