Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was there?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
My first away game, went on a coach from
The inland revenue in Worthing with my Mum, could not get in, stayed in
Pub opposite the Bridge, until half time , some Brighton fans broke a gate down and we got in at half time, could not see a thing at the back of terrace. Remember it rained and rained.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Went to the home game with my Dad.
Spent the whole evening of the replay walking around Stamford Bridge listening out for the score as the police had told us it was full up and they wouldn't let us in.

Some of our group got lucky, though, and managed to watch the whole game from someone's balcony in the big block of flats that overlooked the ground.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Me. Both home and the replay at Stamford Bridge and the previous ties in that cup run at Newport, Bath and Aldershot (away & replay).

Vouchers for a ticket for the Goldstone game had to be obtained at the preceeding Peterborough away game by meeting a director, Len Stringer, outside the main stand at London Road, whilst tickets were being sold at the Goldstone at a reserve match.

Same story for me

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
I was at the Goldstone in that 35000 crowd. Tickets were on sale at a reserve game the week before (recall it was v Notts County) and there were 22000 there as a result.

The reason given for the disallowed goal was a push by Kit Napier on a defender before the ball looped out to Brian Tawse. It looked very innocuous and was either an eagle-eyed spot by the ref or a very early case of officials favouring the big club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where were you at the Goldstone for the draw? I was on the East terrace, near the half way line with my Dad.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Went to both. Disallowed goal very harsh although referee did send off John Boyle, which helped us. Replay was disappointing. Once Jim Oliver missed an early chance we were never in it. Two great occasions though.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Was in the South Stand for the home game with my dad. About my third ever game. I had previously phoned up Archie Macauley at home and asked him when the tickets were going on sale. I was 10 at the time and found his number in the phone directory.

Great excitement.

Those were the days of the magic of the cup.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was away at Aldershot and the home e game, but I was waiting on Shoreham railway station at 6 o'clock or so when people had come back from London saying they could not get in.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Me - Both games (Had a "dentist appointment" for the replay ) Left school and then caught the Brighton Belle. Got to Stamford Bridge but couldn't get in the first few turnstiles. Finally got in but didn't see much!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here