Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was the most famous substitute WHO!!??? at an Albion game?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Fabrizio Ravanelli for Derby, 2002 at Withdean, quite funny seeing him warming up there.
Rarely has a player looked so despondent and disinterested. A classic wet and windy Withdean, he so didn't want to be there as he half heartedly jogged the touchline. His mood was confirmed when he came on as sub - he was useless.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Raheem Sterling 100% got one coming off the bench in our first Premier League game in August 2017.
Replacing Aguero, never really participated before but that felt too good an opportunity to miss

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Mesut Özil got a nice big Whoo!! when he was subbed at the Amex.

I enjoyed that. He was a big part of the Arsenal team at that time, and before he flounced on the bench at £300k a week.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Lower leagues come to the PL, I also love it, especially on tv coverage when it’s very loud and prolonged
I'm a big fan of it. A non-Brighton mate watching the FA Cup semi final last year on TV messaged me during the game to confirm that's what we were actually doing at Wembley 😁

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was there for Beckham and obviously no-one had heard of him, so it's not that weird to shout that sort of thing.
Yeah. All I could think of when he came on was: Wow that's David Beckham, future global superstar, England regular and scorer of iconic goals (and guilty of the odd hot-headed moment), going to go on to marry a pop star and become eventually more of a brand than a person. And I'm here to witness the beginning!

Yeah, ok, I didn't think any of that, in fact I don't even remember him. It's only in retrospect that I realised I was there for an historical moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here