Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who us the best ref in the EPL?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well?

I only ask because we naturally focus on the poor officiating, what there seems to be quite a lot of to be honest, and consequently I genuinely don't know who the good, solid, reliable ones are? Whose name should I be relieved to see officiating our games?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hoops is much improved

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Every pl official should be sacked at the end of the season. They have had enough chances.

We should then go around the world poaching as we can from other leagues

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I thought Tierney refereed a difficult game today well. He didn't stand for any amateur dramatics and let the game flow. What a contrast to that incompetent who was allegedly in charge of our game yesterday
Yep, agree. Stood for no nonsense (other than what he is obliged to stop the game for), booked Ramsdale early and generally kept control. Refs will always make mistakes - with players continually cheating and just because they are human, it's impossible not to - but I find some of the errors, particularly by VAR officials to be unforgivable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, agree. Stood for no nonsense (other than what he is obliged to stop the game for), booked Ramsdale early and generally kept control. Refs will always make mistakes - with players continually cheating and just because they are human, it's impossible not to - but I find some of the errors, particularly by VAR officials to be unforgivable.
Essential piece of ring-craft.

Some of the refereeing displays we have seen this season, colluding with the cheats going down with mystery life-threatening illnesses off the ball, has been disgraceful.

And it isn't about time. It is about disrupting the other team's flow.

And....

Hang on. Nobody is allowed to reply yet because I haven't finished, and have developed a painful but, likely, short lived massive pain in my Shatner's Bassoon. Hang on....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tierney and Oliver are pretty good. Whisper it quietly but Hoops has become ok too.
This isn’t saying much. Even Stevie Wonder would look good amongst this current crop.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I have always liked Graham Scott since he gave us a goal a couple of seasons ago despite VAR advising him to overturn it because of an alleged foul. Tariq against Tottenham I think.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well?

I only ask because we naturally focus on the poor officiating, what there seems to be quite a lot of to be honest, and consequently I genuinely don't know who the good, solid, reliable ones are? Whose name should I be relieved to see officiating our games?
There are two: Anthony Taylor and Michael Oliver.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Oliver has been poor in the last two games he’s reffed for us. I agree re Tierney I thought he had an excellent game yesterday, it was feisty but he was on top of it at all times

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Point of order . . . why is it impossible not to cheat? I'm human, (allegedly), and yet l don't think that l do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was impressed with Darren Bond in our win at Plucky. They kept diving 25 yards out, he never fell for it.
Maybe because he is new to the Premiel League list and doesn't get allocated too many games. Thus he hasn't been fully corrupted into the Premier League's way of doing things.

To be honest there are a few refs l shudder at seeing when l take my seat at athe Amex, Darren England, David Coote, Tony Harrington, Graham Scott, and yes, Michael Salisbury among them.

And to think l used to moan at the likes of Lee Mason, Jon Moss, and Kevin Friend . . .

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Point of order . . . why is it impossible not to cheat? I'm human, (allegedly), and yet l don't think that l do.
Sorry, that's my poor grammar. I meant it was impossible for refs not to make mistakes because they are human. I hold cheating, diving, timewasting, injury feigning players (including our own who are getting worse and worse) as mostly to blame in all of this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here