Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who to look out for next season?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
With Goldson and Balugun doing so well for Rangers, it’s a shame we can’t just loan Hibs a squad of about 16 youth prospects to pair with their best players. Would probably win the league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With players coming through it’ll be interesting to see who goes.

Molumby- didn’t kick on at Preston & international career faltering. Cheap sale with a hefty sell-on?

Bit harsh - it wasn't a good loan move. According to Wiki played 15 times, but they were mostly short stints off the bench. He certainly didn't get many starts.

With us spending considerable amounts on the likes of Moder and Caicedo, it makes the path to a first team place here that much harder, but it would be a shame to lose him just yet. Still, Millwall wanted to break their transfer record to sign him in January (rumoured to be about £4M) so we might be more interested now, although I believe he's on a long contract here.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With players coming through it’ll be interesting to see who goes.

Welbeck - will he sign? Let’s hope so!
Connelly - hard to see beyond a loan. Has the potential but needs experience (and lean how to stay upright) to kick on
Andone - seems unpopular inside the club but a quality striker , more instinctive than Maupay. I could see him staying and challenging for a place
Zequiri - liked what I saw and hope he might be allowed to play centrally in pre season to give him the opportunity to challenge
Tau - says he wants to stay and has the skill set. One season to prove himself?
Gyokeres - didn’t pull up trees at Swansea or Coventry. Suspect he will move on and succeed elsewhere. Hopefully we have a sell-on
Locadia - Cincinnati won’t want him. Will anyone else? A massively expensive flop if he leaves with a cancelled contract
Izquierdo - a one season extension or let him go? The latter I expect.
Propper - surely bound for home?
Molumby- didn’t kick on at Preston & international career faltering. Cheap sale with a hefty sell-on?
Jerks - surely a loan at a good level
Bissouma - will he actually go? Looked nailed on but can’t see Bloom letting him go on the cheap which is what Liverpool/Arsenal seem to be angling for.
Longman - another loan hopefully in the Championship
Baluta - to call him forgotten would be an understatement. I’d liken him to White in position and style. Unlucky with disastrous loans so far. Needs either a good loan (no guarantees there) or selling on if he can’t challenge for the squad
Roberts - another loan up a level?
Clarke - could he be the makeweight in a deal with Derby for Knight & if so will we then loan Knight back as he’s probably not ready yet for the Prem
White - stay or cash-in on our new international? If the right offer is made.........
Ostigard - has clear potential but maybe a year away from challenging (unless White goes) A contract extension with another loan or extend and sell and hope for a big no when he comes good?
Karbownik - will he challenge or will he go on loan?
Walton - surely moving on. We will presumably take up the extra year on his deal and recoup some cash
Ryan - will he go to Arsenal (rumoured for free but surely a fee involved) or to Celtic with his former international manager? He won’t stay

Congrats to the load of typing.

I hope IZQUIERDO STAYS. I anticipate that the big clubs will not sign Bissouma and Ben White.

Veltman predicted to continue his good form, maybe sometimes as left back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Moder and Zeqiri will be MONSTERS next season. You heard it here first (wine may have been taken) :drink:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
With Goldson and Balugun doing so well for Rangers, it’s a shame we can’t just loan Hibs a squad of about 16 youth prospects to pair with their best players. Would probably win the league.

Can’t we just do a Watford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Moisés Caicedo for me. Don't think he'll start early next season but can see him being integrated into the first eleven. He's a beast for his age. Will take some time to get used to the intensity of the Premier League, but can see him gradually taking over the defensive midfield role.
I can see Ben White initially partnering Moder early next season in midfield and then Caicedo taking over from White in the defensive midfield role.
Incredibly exciting to have so much young talent.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Haydon Roberts may be ready for a shot? I can see him adapting well to our style but he would obviously have some pretty big competition. Will depend on White's future I suppose. And Østigard, who may also be ready to enter the fold. I know Tsoungui is rated very highly but expect he will be due a loan before getting a look-in.

I do agree the club seem to rate Khedra highly and can see him getting a look in next season. Will be interesting to see what happens with Molumby, he will surely be getting frustrated if he ends up out on loan or on the fringes again.

I can see Tsoungui going over to Union for a season loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here