Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who thinks Mr Bloom has got it right this season?

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
We have not been promoted with a set of players for 2 years. Would we have been this year with Barnes, Ulloa, Upson, The Pig, Ward, and Buckley. My guess is not. So right to cash in but wait to see how the money will be used before reaching any conclusion. Anyone coming in will need to be better than those that left.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It is not often that I say anything negative about our club, but TB is paying Barber way too much.
£488,000 is a year is a joke.
I see what you're saying but with a business head on TB invests that £500k in PB to make sure the out goings are minimal and the income is maximium.

PB won awards for his work with us last season and I don't think anyone, in fact, i know none of us on this board could do any better.

Always easy to judge when you're looking in and don't really know what is done on a day to day basis. I take my hat of to the bloke.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We have not been promoted with a set of players for 2 years. Would we have been this year with Barnes, Ulloa, Upson, The Pig, Ward, and Buckley. My guess is not. So right to cash in but wait to see how the money will be used before reaching any conclusion. Anyone coming in will need to be better than those that left.

They were our best players though. Wouldn't it be better to keep our best players, but replace the passengers from that side? Our team this year could have looked like:

................Stockdale

New RB - Upson - Greer - Ward

Buckley - Bridcutt - new MF - new MF

...........New striker - Ulloa

But with FFP now being a thing, I guess that's impossible.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How can anyone who is willing to give 23 other sides a 15 point head start in a disgracefully tough league even be thought of as getting the early season strategy right :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I see what you're saying but with a business head on TB invests that £500k in PB to make sure the out goings are minimal and the income is maximium.

PB won awards for his work with us last season and I don't think anyone, in fact, i know none of us on this board could do any better.

Always easy to judge when you're looking in and don't really know what is done on a day to day basis. I take my hat of to the bloke.

Does this go in our trophey cabinet?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Has he made mistakes. Yup sure, its virtually impossible not to.

Are we better of with Bloom than 90% of other Owners? Damn right we are

If you cannot give the man who funded our £100m stadium and World Class training facilities a bit of leeway then I think you've got a pretty shallow mind-set.

Sure things look bleak on the pitch right now and Promotion looks to be completely out of reach at this point, but Bloom is in this for the long-term and I'll support him and the people he hires through bad decisions and good.

Up the Albion

Oh dear.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

What hat are you wearing?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
"This season"??

Why are you judging after THREE BLOODY GAMES? It's completely pointless. It's like writing a progress report on a play after 30 seconds, then you complain about inapt acting.

You are right we are completely pointless after 3 games but as a critic you should be inept not inapt.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How many kids have had Ulloa and Buckley on their new shirts, paid for by their parents. Now I know players move on in a season but we have hardly kicked a ball.The kids must be gutted and the parents pretty pissed as well.

Genuine question: when you get a player's name on the back of your shirt, is it sewn on or steam-pressed on? i.e. can the name be unpicked and replaced or are you stuck with it?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think the club have messed up this year. They've been a bit unlucky in the transfer market but they have gambled by leaving things so late. However I trust Bloom to do his best to turn it around. I just hope it's not too late

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here