Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who starts upfront today... Zamora or Hemed??

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I like Hemed and am sure he'll come good again but he's definitely gone off the boil slightly, and also just not getting the breaks. Taking him out of the firing line for a game or two but having him on the bench might do him a favour.

If not , do us a favour :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hemed, starting bobby is pretty ludicrous. (it's not about match fitness) he's been match fit for weeks.
He'll never play 90mins again. So it's a waste of a sub with the certainty that he'll need to come off at some point!.

I agree he must be as fit as he's ever going to be but not that it's ludicrous to start him. Why, because he's 34? He's in good shape and there are plenty of other examples of 34 year olds playing full games.

Hemed is misfiring, not only not scoring but missing decent chances and not exactly setting others up. Can't believe we are paying BZ just for the impact sub role and if ever we're going to start him then surely today is as right a time as ever

I say start him though doubt he will

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
King Bobby is a tired old man and can only run for 30 mins

He is our Kevin Phillips, quality but cannot last more than about 30 mins it seems. Having said that I am not convinced by Hemed, I think we need a young genuine goal scorer as Baldock doesn't fit that bill either.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Switch

I would play March in a deeper role behind Hemed instead of Baldock.

Thta leaves the option of the pairing of Baldock and Zamora for 66 minutes.

Feb 14, 2010
Hemed. You need hard workers away from home. Bobby to come on like he does. It's a tried and tested formula now!

Dont afgree about hard workers. That is always the last hiding place of a donkey being a "hard worker". See CMS. A football team whether home or away need strikers who can find space and put the ball in the net.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would play March in a deeper role behind Hemed instead of Baldock.

Thta leaves the option of the pairing of Baldock and Zamora for 66 minutes.

You're original, i'll give you that

morecambe-and-wise-comedians.jpg

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I agree he must be as fit as he's ever going to be but not that it's ludicrous to start him. Why, because he's 34? He's in good shape and there are plenty of other examples of 34 year olds playing full games.

Hemed is misfiring, not only not scoring but missing decent chances and not exactly setting others up. Can't believe we are paying BZ just for the impact sub role and if ever we're going to start him then surely today is as right a time as ever

I say start him though doubt he will

If you start him, You WILL have to sub him either before half time or just into the 2nd half.
It's ludicrous because if we get injuries or sending offs, We shouldn't be wasting a precious sub slot!.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It makes me laugh how keen we are for Hemed to score, once again Baldock getting away without scoring a goal since Fulham (unless own goals when you've misskicked it).

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It makes me laugh how keen we are for Hemed to score, once again Baldock getting away without scoring a goal since Fulham (unless own goals when you've misskicked it).

Baldock scored against Bristol City. The game before last.

Posh spice is a slapper, she likes a lot of cock.
And when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Sam Baldock.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Baldock scored against Bristol City. The game before last.

Posh spice is a slapper, she likes a lot of cock.
And when she's shagging Beckham, she thinks of Sam Baldock.

No, he didn't. Aden Flint scored an own goal, Baldock hasn't scored since Fulham away, which was in August. But he's untouchable? Only because Elvis isn't rated. Baldock's lucky to be in the team, and he's lucky to be playing at this level despite all his much heralded (but hardly deserved) praised for running around.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No, he didn't. Aden Flint scored an own goal, Baldock hasn't scored since Fulham away, which was in August. But he's untouchable? Only because Elvis isn't rated. Baldock's lucky to be in the team, and he's lucky to be playing at this level despite all his much heralded (but hardly deserved) praised for running around.

He'll score today and this post will be bounced.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He didn't, but he did completely miskick a volley in the first half. Didn't have a great game today unfortunately, although I like him. To compare him with CMS is a bit unfair - on first touch alone, Balders is light years ahead.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

It will be some time until it gets bounced.

It's a little bit ironic, I was and am a fan of Mackail-Smith and the defence of him is very similar to what's being said of Baldock, he works really hard. I don't really agree with it, Baldock's work rate is nothing more than ordinary in my opinion but he makes better runs and he's a smarter player - with a similar lack of touch and feel in front of goal. He's a poor Championship striker in my opinion, based on the last two seasons. One in a rubbish team, one in a good team - despite his presence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here