Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Norman Gall, November 1966 when Albion beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 after going 2-0 down.....(the other Albion goals were both scored by Dave Turner)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
On this very day, 51 years ago - Dave Armstrong, followed by Kit Napier and Alex Dawson. Great day.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Paul Clark 1979

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I was there for that one.... just loved the tank.... murdered the opponents with crunching tackles and then hit 25 yarders into the top corner!!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can't remember can someone help. 1977 I think Albion 3-1 Hull at Goldstone

Of course it was really Ward for England under-21s a week or so before ;)

If that was September 1977, it was 2-1 - and my first game. They scored first, then we scored two goals in a few minutes. For 40+ years I've always thought both goals were Ward, but looking in a programme for later in the season it appears he wasn't even playing!! Mellor & Fell scored, don't know in which order though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Alex Dawson, 2-1 win against Bradford City 17th January 1970.

And I remember absolutely nothing about it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Rober Codner away to Port Vale in a 2.1 defeat pretty much exactly 30 years ago.

In my memory he beat about 3 Vale players and smashed it into the top corner from about 20 yards in front of our terrace. Being 7 at the time, I’m not entirely sure how accurate that memory is!

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
If that was September 1977, it was 2-1 - and my first game. They scored first, then we scored two goals in a few minutes. For 40+ years I've always thought both goals were Ward, but looking in a programme for later in the season it appears he wasn't even playing!! Mellor & Fell scored, don't know in which order though.

Gerry Fell scored our first goal that day....header at the North Stand end.

Oh and my first scorer was Bill Cassidy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Gerry Fell scored our first goal that day....header at the North Stand end.

Oh and my first scorer was Bill Cassidy.

Bit of a shame really - not sure I ever saw Gerry Fell play again, so have no real recollections of him at all. Whereas Mellor and Ward I can remember very clearly.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Thanks Bodian.... Ian Mellor and Gerry Fell. Thought it was three but memory not a grand thing.... how long after the under-21 hat trick was it... maybe Wardy needed a rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here