Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who replaces Bissouma?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
s-l300.jpg

I BELIEVE THEY WOULD BE A LITTLE TOO OLD TO REPLACE BISS BUT IT WOULD PROBABLY MAKE FOR A GREAT CONCERT DURING THE MATCH. JUST KEEP THE FOOTBALL FROM HITTING THE INSTUMENTS.

Roger-Daltry-and-Pete-Townshend-the-surviving-members-of-the-50-year-old-band-The-Who-515718.jpg

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
How about Teddy Jenks, had a good game last night for Aberdeen against Rangers. Might still be a year or two away but one to add to the mix.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Taylor Richards is more of an attacking midfielder.

Adam Lallana is fine for now, but hardly a long term option as our new holding midfielder.

On the subject of which is he injured as don’t seem to be getting in the Birmingham squad?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Cucurella? Seriously. Is this guy not made to be the ultimate DM?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ultimately when we lose Bissouma just like when others follow over the coming transfer windows I'm certain the answer is already within the club. Potter seems to delight in bedding young talent and watching them develop, the message looks clear. If you are showing in training that you are good enough and disciplined enough to follow the managers plans then you will get game time

Let's not go overboard on the notion that Potter 'seems to delight in bedding young talent' (oo-er!!). Big Bob, Alzate and Ben White have made regular appearances under Potter after coming through our academy (although Alzate cost a fee from Orient) and Ferguson and Roberts have been on the bench, but there hasn't exactly been a conveyor belt from the development squad to the first team as yet. Pretty well everyone else in the first team picture has been bought in, whether young or experienced, apart from March and Dunk, and they made the step up much earlier.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The crazy thing is that I don't for one moment believe that we will let anyone go that would result in the project being damaged. That is such a great feeling. Ben White was a great talent with us and in all our history would have left us in trouble when he went, but not now. It didn't really make a difference to us. Dunk out inured - should be a disaster, hasn't been. Bissouma out injured/suspended/ACON - he is a great player, it should be a disaster for us - it hasn't been.

It's just unbelievable how Potter uses and develops players who can deliver such high levels of performance, and I trust that whoever he picks will deliver. And whoever we sell will be covered.

I don't want to see Biss go, would love him to be here for years. but if he goes the project keeps going and we will not even need to buy to replace him! It is hard to comprehend isn't it?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think it’s more about what combination of players will replace Biss.

His all round game (apart from his shooting) allows us to play several different systems with him at the hub of it.

I could see a much higher rotation of CM from a pool of players, relevant to how we are playing and how we choose to set up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Think it’s more about what combination of players will replace Biss.

His all round game (apart from his shooting) allows us to play several different systems with him at the hub of it.

I could see a much higher rotation of CM from a pool of players, relevant to how we are playing and how we choose to set up.

Good point.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Let's not go overboard on the notion that Potter 'seems to delight in bedding young talent' (oo-er!!). Big Bob, Alzate and Ben White have made regular appearances under Potter after coming through our academy (although Alzate cost a fee from Orient) and Ferguson and Roberts have been on the bench, but there hasn't exactly been a conveyor belt from the development squad to the first team as yet. Pretty well everyone else in the first team picture has been bought in, whether young or experienced, apart from March and Dunk, and they made the step up much earlier.

As you mentioned I referenced young talent getting game time, that includes Sanchez, Lamptey, White, Cucurella, Moder, Alzate, MacAllister, Connolly. An additional 6 members of the bench were U21's last night. I'm certain Potter is future proofing the squad for a time when big offers come in

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wouldn’t expect there to have been yet, but we’re nearing the time it’s going to get properly productive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here