Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who manages Communication at The Albion?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Either way I believe he knew he was gone and the club felt obliged not to let the world find out from him on national tv. I think he would have been better advised to cancel last night's appearance on TV.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He knew alright.
There was no way on God's earth that Gus would have pulled out of last night's commitment and the Board knew that. They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't. It was a no win situation for the Board. It was a heaven sent opportunity for the Gus Poyet PR machine to roll into action again. In the last couple of years has any manager used the media as much as Gus to promote his own career and identity. It has been an ongoing and shameless act of self-promotion and it would be no surprise if this has started to stick in TB's craw.
I fully support the view that the handling of this whole affair could have been so much better but the wide-eyed innocence shown by Gus last night didn't fool me. I've seen it so many times in the past.
Arms akimbo, skyward gaze , slightly bemused expression. Blame being laid everywhere accept at his own door.
My only interest now is who the new ' interim ' manager is going to be and when are we ever going to get some news re Charlie? The only one of the three who bleeds blue and white and yet, seems to be totally forgotten while the Gus Poyet show is going on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This.
Total act of bitterness by whoever is running our club. Classless and very tin pot. We look like complete ****ing idiots. I am ashamed tonight and for the first time in 38 years will be keeping my money in my pocket this season.

Don't worry the 23 thousand season ticket holders will hold the fort for you until you think you're able to come back.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agreed. He knew alright.
There was no way on God's earth that Gus would have pulled out of last night's commitment and the Board knew that. They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't. It was a no win situation for the Board. It was a heaven sent opportunity for the Gus Poyet PR machine to roll into action again. In the last couple of years has any manager used the media as much as Gus to promote his own career and identity. It has been an ongoing and shameless act of self-promotion and it would be no surprise if this has started to stick in TB's craw.
I fully support the view that the handling of this whole affair could have been so much better but the wide-eyed innocence shown by Gus last night didn't fool me. I've seen it so many times in the past.
Arms akimbo, skyward gaze , slightly bemused expression. Blame being laid everywhere accept at his own door.
My only interest now is who the new ' interim ' manager is going to be and when are we ever going to get some news re Charlie? The only one of the three who bleeds blue and white and yet, seems to be totally forgotten while the Gus Poyet show is going on.

Good post

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So if he went live and said I found out today that I have been sacked - how would he (and us) have looked then?

The club had control over when THEY released THEIR official sacking statement - it looked to me that that went out just as he was going on TV.

Perhaps they thought he would put his foot in it live on TV a la his Suarez comments - he didn't and that may have been a massive mistake now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The club could have asked Gus when it would have been convenient for them to have released the statement. But then again he doesn't read emails or texts. Bearing in mind that his representatives would have been informed it would be interesting to know what they think about it all. Not that we will ever know.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Who manages Communication at The Albion ?

phone2.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Sunday evening would not be a time you'd choose to release any important news, for many reasons. However, should the actions or anticipated actions of another party impact upon your chosen strategy you may be forced to issue a statement on Sunday night. I guess the club wanted to announce this tomorrow morning but heard that Gus was going to discuss on live TV, they were then compelled to say something, or be portrayed in a bad light. It's a lose lose really for the club in this circumstance

Agree... if the Club and Gus were "in discussions" all day sunday, then they could well have only been responding to a threat from Gus and his legal team.

I really do think that people are over-reacting massively to something which ultimately we know NOTHING about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here