Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your money on for Promotion & Relegation next season?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Up:
Reading
Watford
Brighton

Down:
Yeovil
Sheff Weds
Huddersfield

Also one of the so called big clubs to struggle: QPR
One of the less fancied sides to cause a surprise: Barnsley

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reading 1st then could be anybody. Can see Wigan struggling like Bolton did last year especially as they have the same manager and he didn't have a clue last season, Yeovil may surprise a few teams and stay up like we did against the odds in 2004/5
Good God Ernest I agree with you....most have Yeovil to go down....and most QPR near the top....think there'll be a few surprises ...QPR are in danger of doing a Wolves.....Reading seem top in my book...but who knows...

BHACole17

Feb 5, 2012
Top 6:
Reading
Brighton
Bolton
Nottingham forest
Wigan
Blackburn

Bottom 3:
Blackpool
Sheff wed
Yeovil

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Given that I put a fiver on Palace to get relegated,I think I'll steer clear of betting for a while...

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Promotion Contenders

Reading
Wigan

Playoffs

Bolton
BHA
Watford
Leicester
Forest

Relegation

QPR (Harry will leave by October)
Barnsley
Blackpool

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We've yet to finalise our squad and yet to ply a competitive match under the new manger yet almost everyone tips us for promotion.

Mmm my thoughts entirely. At this stage I remain totally unconvinced about our promotion credentials, I would want to see our transfer business finalised because as we are, we are way short.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We've yet to finalise our squad and yet to ply a competitive match under the new manger yet almost everyone tips us for promotion.

Not everyone, 15 out of 33 people who have made predictions have said that we will be promoted - though a lot have said we will be in the play-offs - which is fair enough to say as thats where a club like ours should be aiming for.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who is my money on for Promotion & Relegation next season? The Albion. Stuck a smallish wager on relegation during the depths of the Poyet-related mess, stuck a larger wager on promotion when it got sorted out and the club opted for someone other than a member of the Serial Loser English Manager's Club. Both bets about 14/1 at the time, interestingly enough :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
FWIW I think QPR will struggle. We've seen highly paid "I'm Premiership quality" players (cough, O'Hara, cough) strut into this division before thinking it'll be a one season jobby. Just feel they of the three teams coming down are the most vulnerable to an absolute implosion.

FINALLY! Someone else who sees it! They're almost IDENTICAL to Portsmouth.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
QPR definitely the biggest candidate for double drop. NO chance of them going straight back up. I'm fully aware of how bouncable that could be in a season's time.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
bournemouth buildning a decent side,get off to a decent start,will be midtable

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not everyone, 15 out of 33 people who have made predictions have said that we will be promoted - though a lot have said we will be in the play-offs - which is fair enough to say as thats where a club like ours should be aiming for.

People really should be patient. We're changing a long-term project, a successful manager with a group of players collectively playing a style of football that's enabled us to compete above our financial position in this league. The new guy will inevitably change some things, and change several of the players, whilst under the same financial constraints as before and even if he is as good or better at this than the last guy, it will still take time to produce a top-class side. He also has no experience of English football and right from the start has lost two of our very best players from last season. We're not in League 1 or 2 anymore where over the half the sides that start each season are pushovers, there's some seriously big sides here with more money than us, and several of them seemed to have hit on a formula that worked towards the end of last season after disappointing early on, i.e. Forest, Blackburn, Bolton. At least 2 of the 3 teams coming down should be strong, and then there are several like Watford and Leicester that can build on successful seasons with managerial and player stability. I really hope we'll be competitive next year, but making the play-offs should be recognised as a good achievement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here