Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your all-time favourite BHA manager and why?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would never vote for Peter Taylor (Palace variety). He inherited a team, took no interest in living local, got us promoted and shat on Dick Knight at the promotion party by saying he was "off".

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Alan Mullery.
Lucky enough to have gone to games back then at a packed Goldstone, very exciting times.

Very much enjoyed watching the Albion when Mickey Adams was manager the first time around, and he is my second favourite.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not really for a footballing reason.
Thanks to Jimmy Melia. My fav for inviting me and a few other young players for tea at their house. We had an opportunity to look at Val's modelling photo album!
Oh.... and we went to Wembley too!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Played our best ever football under Poyet, and gave us an insanely strong sense of identity.

I think Hughton will be looked back on incredibly fondly, proper gent and just does things right.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I'm in the Pat Saward camp. Fantastic promotion season 1971/2 with little resources but exciting attacking football.
2nd Mullery
3rd Poyet
Also loved Slade, Gritt, Cattlin, Coppell, Adams mk 1, McGhee.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have had some good managers.

Peter Taylor (the first)
Mike Bailey
Freddie Goodwin

Deserve mentions

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont know if it is true but I was told that Micky Adams got the job because all the others on he interview went on about only needing a couple of players but MA went in an when asked said 10 of them werent good enough and should be replaced not sure who the one was possibly Mayo.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I dont know if it is true but I was told that Micky Adams got the job because all the others on he interview went on about only needing a couple of players but MA went in an when asked said 10 of them werent good enough and should be replaced not sure who the one was possibly Mayo.

Have you read Dick Knight's book ?
This will answer your question.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
At the moment nobody compares to Mullers and what he achieved getting us to the 1st division and playing good football. CH may catch him in 5 months time but until then it is all hope so my top 3 are:

Mullers for what he achieved
Billy Lane who complete with his daily red rose in his lapel took us to Div II our first ever promotion.
Steve Gritt no where near the best in fact his record was fairly poor, but he kept us in the FL so must take credit for that. Who knows what would have happended had he failed.

Is the correct answer.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Gritt for me all day long for being at the helm to preserve our football league status. Possibly the most important result in the clubs history.......A draw at Hereford.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Like all of us, I've been lucky enough to love a variety of fantastic managers but I'm probably torn between two (as I'm too young for Mullery):

Poyet turned a relegation threatened team to one of the best footballing Albion sides I've seen. Murray, Bennett, Barnes, Greer, Bridcutt and Calderón became the spine of our team that destroyed that league. Added to that, signing Vicente, Bruno, Spanish Dave, and Orlandi wr acrually havr an exciting identity of which we could be proud. He left on a sour note but his League One season was something truly special.

Micky Adams Mk 1 surprised us all. Signing unbelievable players (at that level) like Watson, Carpenter, Rogers, Cullip and of course Zamora (and many more). For the first time in about 15 years Brighton stopped being a club to pity under him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here