Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is worst Stephens or Webster ?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Webster for me. Duffy back in please

People seem to be forgetting just how bad Duffy’s been when he’s played this year.

For what it’s worth, I think Stephens and Webster have been good this year generally, considering the evolution stage of this side, but both were very very poor today. But all of our biggest players were aside from Propper and Mooy, who both had relatively decent games compared to the rest of the side (as well as Biss and Connolly when they came on).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The whole team were 1 yard off the pace today...everyone wanted too much time on the ball and there was virtually no movement off the ball...sorry to say it but that is a managerial problem.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I don't think that Webster is a bad player, just going through a tough patch. I would drop him for Spuds and bring Burn into the middle and put Bernardo in at left back.

And hopefully Stephens will turn up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
FFS every team has a bad game from time to time. being a supporter is about supporting full time not part time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought they were both in a race to the bottom and Webster won.

Both made howlers today but I think Webster won the award of being the worst. Both made unforced errors and mislaid simple passes.

But I just don't get how we can go from decent and playing well, nice quick incisive passes 5 days ago, to that. :shrug:

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Thread started by Palace troll, don’t feed the tosser.

Mods should ban them.

Why if something negative or question is placed do certain idiots automatically say palace troll ffs , I would not set foot up that shite hole , but each to there or is it their own??

Just thought the whole team was terrible after a good performance for 70 odd minutes just a few days ago but Webster and Stephens were the on the cake

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stephens has been brilliant this season. Today was an off day and as Warren said on the radio, he often dallied on the ball because nothing was on - they all have them.

Webster is entirely frustrating. He’s not strong enough and very error prone. He’s in the team for his ability on the ball which was clearly lacking today. I’d far rather see Ben White or Duffy there.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I think we can talk about who was worst today. I like both Dale and Webster, but today both were very very poor.

The thing which summed up our performance today though was DS seeming to be not ready to recieve a pass on multiple occassions and just letting it pass him by onto an opposition player, or his passes straight to a United player, or standing there with the ball at his feet while someone came in from behind him and just took it straight off him. It was as though his head was completely somewhere else. It was mind boggling. I think the attribute would be "awareness" and today for some reason DS had zero. No idea where his team mates were, what they might do, where the opposition were, what they might do. Unbelievably out of sorts.

I like him, he's a good player and very important for us, but today, for some reason he was somewhere else completely.

Completely agree. He’s been good for us this season but I was unhappy to see him walk straight back into the team after the way Bissouma performed at Palace. The midfield 3 should have been unchanged. That does nothing for Bissouma’s morale or confidence while Stephens is left thinking he’ll always have a divine right to start every game he’s available. What happened to keeping the shirt when you’ve earned the right to ?!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Stephens had his poorest game this season by a long way, Webster not far behind. Though to be fair Sheff Utd are an excellent side. Unbeaten away in the league for 10/11 months. Or have I made that up? We were off colour from kick off, looked complacent and sloppy - worst game I've seen from Ryan since he signed for us. Bad day at the office.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Bissouma, Duffy, Connolly & Alzate should all get a chance in the next game.

Drop Webster, Stephens, Trossard & Groß please.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a pathetic thread. Yes Webster was appalling and, once his confidence was clearly shot, should have been taken out of the firing line and replaced by Duffy. Probably around 50 minutes. But the Stephens haters are really getting out of line now. I could list poor contributions by every player today and obviously as practically every play and transition goes through Stephens, it will reflect in his performance. To single him out is just bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here