Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst type of Tory?

Who is the worst type of Tory?

• Upper Class Tory Toff - Does what is says on the tin doesn't it?

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Middle England Tory - You know the type, 'I'm not racist/homophobic but......'

Votes: 57 24.2%
  • One Nation Tory - They're the caring ones allegedly.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Black/Asian Tory - WTF?

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Working class Tory - Put a brass knocker on his right-to-buy council house and turned his back

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • Other, please specify.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 92 39.0%

• Total voters

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Know a couple of people who 100% voted Tory, but would never admit to it. If you’re that ashamed of voting for them then maybe that’s a sign that you shouldn’t have voted for them.

:shrug:
Or perhaps they thought that it might just be a private matter and noting to do with the cowardly anonymous baying social media mob.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
All of them.
Lying, toffee nosed scumbags who could not care less about the poor, the needy, the disabled, state schoolchildren, the ill and the hungry.
Only interested in helping the rich get richer, and making deep and unnecessary cuts to the most vulnerable in society.
They do not possess an ounce of compassion and treat the general public like total fools.
I would have thought that after the debacle of Cameron, Osbourne, Gove etc that some Tory voters may just see them for what they are, but no, they carry on as if it never happened.
Blinkered fools that they are.
I think that catch-all covers everything - from a total fool.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Or perhaps they thought that it might just be a private matter and noting to do with the cowardly anonymous baying social media mob.

To be fair think quiet Tories are a sub-group of the Middle England Tory. I'm a bit racist but keep it quiet....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
#Envy !

Yes, the roasted & raw cauliflower, vadouvan spice, almonds, caper dressing, salted yolks is, IMHO, one of the best dishes I've ever tasted.

To be honest, I've not had a bad dish there - challenge you to not to over order - there's so much good stuff !!!!

Enjoy and look forward to your review on the restuarant thread.

Is Fourth & Church still open?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is Fourth & Church still open?

Well I've got a table booked for tonight to celebrate Mrs W's redundancy ( she hated the place she worked ) so I bloody well hope so !!!!! Why do you ask ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder how far the current government would have to stoop, before any of their enablers would be prepared to admit remorse.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Worst type of Tory?

Strange times.

How about the best type? I’ve abhorred the likes of Howard and May in the past but you have to admire their principles in coming out against this Government as they drag our global reputation into the shit gaining the sort of negative international coverage a hooligan would be proud of!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Speaking personally.

Ill informed ones more interested in their own agenda than the people of the country. I’m sick and tired of being told I need to go back into the office when in practice it is impossible because they have made it so.

Names? Gove, Hancock, Rees-Mogg.

But at the moment the one I cannot stand more than anyone is Jenrick. Hypocrite and on the take despite having substantial personal wealth. I’m a natural Tory voter but with people like him in Government a moderate Labour opposition is becoming more and more attractive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Those that are outlaws who want to break international law and turn our country into a rogue state.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Speaking personally.

Ill informed ones more interested in their own agenda than the people of the country. I’m sick and tired of being told I need to go back into the office when in practice it is impossible because they have made it so.

Names? Gove, Hancock, Rees-Mogg.

But at the moment the one I cannot stand more than anyone is Jenrick. Hypocrite and on the take despite having substantial personal wealth. I’m a natural Tory voter but with people like him in Government a moderate Labour opposition is becoming more and more attractive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A natural Tory voter who backed remain ?

I'm sorry, but that party that you (and a lot of others) naturally voted for sailed off into the sunset some years ago. What is left bears no resemblance whatsoever :down:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
True.

Perhaps if I'd had a decent alternative I wouldn't have done....

I can understand what you are saying, but at the end of the day, it was you (and many others like you) who put Johnson and Cummings into power and are ultimately responsible for what they are currently doing :shrug:

It could have been worse, at least you didn't vote for the two of them 4 years ago, to become powerful enough to make that bid for the leadership :wink:

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I'm sorry, but that party that you (and a lot of others) naturally voted for sailed off into the sunset some years ago. What is left bears no resemblance whatsoever :down:

Someone I know fairly well is a remain-backing, fully paid up member of the Conservative party, who moved from the Lib Dems (after standing as a candidate for them in the 2012 election)...and is also staunchly pro-union. He's an interesting fellow.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I bet you must wonder what you’ve done in a previous life? Everything political you’ve probably voted for in the last 15 year’s has come second [emoji6]

Is that why you play it safe with your polls on here? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Someone I know fairly well is a remain-backing, fully paid up member of the Conservative party, who moved from the Lib Dems (after standing as a candidate for them in the 2012 election)...and is also staunchly pro-union. He's an interesting fellow.

To be fair to [MENTION=24109]Lower West Stander[/MENTION] I know a lot of people who are (or were) Tory party members, officials and a few MPs. They were all hardworking, principled people who were doing what they thought was best for the country. A small number are left, out of a sense of loyalty, but most have seen what has happened over the last few years and distanced themselves from it.

I suspect there have been a lot more having second thoughts over the last 9 months, but unfortunately it's a bit late. Personally I thought it was blatantly clear what was going to happen (as I may have mentioned on here once or twice) but I was obviously in the minority :shrug:

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can understand what you are saying, but at the end of the day, it was you (and many others like you) who put Johnson and Cummings into power and are ultimately responsible for what they are currently doing :shrug:

It could have been worse, at least you didn't vote for the two of them to become powerful enough to bid for the leadership 4 years ago :wink:

True.

But I see where that poster is coming from.
I voted Labour (holding my nose), there are a few other parties I’d have considered but my main intention was to keep Johnson out because I thought he’d wreck the Country (he is actually doing a far worse job than I could have imagined) being a man totally unfit for office.

However, with the Covid-19 crises, Corbyn would have been almost as bad in the long term economically speaking. Whilst I think he would have protected the nation a lot better from infection and that we’d be looking at maybe 20,000 less deaths, we would be well on our way to bankruptcy now (although I appreciate the No Deal Brexit we’re currently on course for might have a similar affect).

The last last election was frying pan or fire.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I bet you must wonder what you’ve done in a previous life? Everything political you’ve probably voted for in the last 15 year’s has come second [emoji6]

Is that why you play it safe with your polls on here? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can only dream of being a winner like yourself :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here