Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alex Scott and any other woman. They've not played the game to a decent standard therefore their opinions have no validity. What an earth must Carragher and Souness think when they have to share a studio with Alex Scott.

Probably about the same as when they have to interview Arsene Wenger, Roy Hodgson, Brendan Rodgers and Jose Mourinho, who barely played a professional game between them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Alex Scott and any other woman. They've not played the game to a decent standard therefore their opinions have no validity. What an earth must Carragher and Souness think when they have to share a studio with Alex Scott.

I know what i'd be thinking

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I have a feeling that this post will whoosh quite a few.
Or at least I hope so.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
And yet you deny you're a misogynist.

Principally because you evidently don't have the minerals to understand the word.

Ohhhhh he's back resorting to insults if anyone dares disagree with him!!! Notice i never resort to insults on here. A misogynist is 'someone who has a hatred of women' so how can me saying Alex Scotts opinions on the men's game have no validity as she's never played it make me a women hater? I thought the first half v Huddersfield on Saturday was rubbish does that make me a man hater? If Sky had a male pundit who had never played above National League level on Super Sunday offering his opinions on a PL game I would also think his opinions don't have any validity as he's not played the game at that level, hence why Sky would never ask someone who has not played at the highest level to be a pundit........unless you are a female.

It has been pointed out to you many times on here by me and others that you resort to insults and become very patronising if someone dares to disagree with you. Why can't you take on board this and not do it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Sky had a male pundit who had never played above National League level on Super Sunday offering his opinions on a PL game I would also think his opinions don't have any validity as he's not played the game at that level, hence why Sky would never ask someone who has not played at the highest level to be a pundit........unless you are a female.

What, like Jeff Stelling, Jake Humphries, Simon Thomas or Manish Bhasin? Or Wenger, Mourinho, Hodgson or Rodgers?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Presumably on the same basis any posts by NSC members on football have zero merit because none have played beyond Sunday League, the posts on politics have no validity as they’ve not been members of parliament and their votes on the world’s hardest creature should be disregarded as none of us have ever been a honey badger or a mantis shrimp?

If so there wouldn’t be much left to post about?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
What, like Jeff Stelling, Jake Humphries, Simon Thomas or Manish Bhasin? Or Wenger, Mourinho, Hodgson or Rodgers?

Stelling / Humphries are presenters they facilitate discussion amongst the experts (ex players). Not sure about the other two not sure who they are. Fair point about the managers you've alluded to in ya post. To me they have a valid opinion as they have all managed at the highest level so I'm interested in what they have to say in terms of 'what would you be saying to your players at half time' .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you take every single ounce of twattery from Garth Crooks, Chris Sutton, Paul ‘Merse’ Merson, Danny Murphy, Alan Brazil, Richard Keys, Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage, add it all together into one massive tw4t, and make it wear an “I am a tw4t” hat, and it still wouldn’t be half as much as an annoying smug tw4t as Matt Dawson.

That's what they call pundit tourettes in their trade?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Presumably on the same basis any posts by NSC members on football have zero merit because none have played beyond Sunday League, the posts on politics have no validity as they’ve not been members of parliament and their votes on the world’s hardest creature should be disregarded as none of us have ever been a honey badger or a mantis shrimp?

If so there wouldn’t be much left to post about?

All fair points but I won't be swayed on my opinion that a women footballers opinions have no validity when it comes to the men's game. I bet Sky don't particularly want female pundits but they probably feel they have to in order to avoid the predictable accusations of 'sexism.'

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Keown is right up there but not far behind has to be Kevin Kilbane. Bland and utterly inane, he never gives you anything you didn’t already know.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All fair points but I won't be swayed on my opinion that a women footballers opinions have no validity when it comes to the men's game. I bet Sky don't particularly want female pundits but they probably feel they have to in order to avoid the predictable accusations of 'sexism.'

Surely football is a technical game and if a pundit can articulate the physical, tactical, formation and spatial awareness issues involved then their gender is an irrelevance? Being able to communicate, summarise, disaggregate and explain issues isn't a male only trait.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good point, well made ... and he wouldn't be half as annoying as Austin Healey.

Spot on - my first thought re "annoying pundit" is rugby's Austin Healey. Always questioning the refereeing decisions when 99% of the time they're right and he's wrong.

Football-wise Clinton Morrison is awful, but Michael Owen, Danny Mills are also annoying as is Steve McManaman who is condescending to anyone outside of the top 6. I agree Sutton is a cock but although Merson is poor I enjoy watching the superior brains of Jeff Stelling and Matt Le Tissier rip the piss out of him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It’s not like she’s evidently intelligent, had a lifetime of coaching from top-qualified (often male) coaches, studies the game, played age-group level internationally before getting 140 full caps for England, played in the US, played for GB at the Olympics, and set up the first UK academy for female players.........nope, no validity at all........[emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here