Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

Who is the wealthiest poster on nsc?

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

Jul 7, 2003
In general that is correct and I have two that are certainly better than the cash value (as long as I live a few more years :wink:), but I had one where the cash value was over 50 times the projected annual pension, only 5 years prior to me becoming eligible for it. It was a pleasant surprise as it was from one of the major Banks back at the start of my working career that I had lost track of, and only chased up because I was coming up to 'that age'.

It was then a little frustrating having to pay a significant sum to get the mandatory transfer 'advice' which consisted of stating the bleedin' obvious :rolleyes:

Similar here. Just been through a pension review as I had a pension with a major bank and had heard from former colleagues that they were making generous offers to transfer out their liabilities.

Frankie

Members
May 23, 2016
Probably Taybha , he owns about 30 timeshare apartments in Transylvania and once turned down a slow dance with Shania Twain , you must be well minted or mental to consider doing either of those .

Live by the sea

Members
Oct 21, 2016
How much is considered wealthy . Good question . If you earn say £5000 pm and have outgoings of £1000 pm you might consider yourself comfortable but not rich but maybe not if you earn £15k pm but have outgoings of £14k .

So yes you can earn well but if you go on say 5 expensive hols per year , have 3 additional 5 star spa breaks a year , have a large mortgage , eat out a lot , go to the theatre regularly, drive an expensive car , hold platinum 1901 seats and have 3 kids at a top private school , you are going to need circa £250 k per year to feel even remotely comfortable .

I personally would class anyone rich that has property (s) worth at least £2m & at least £5 M in the bank or earning £750,000 plus per year .

Bozza

You can change this
All-powerful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a chap called Norman Cook who lives on Hove seafront who has an NSC account. A quick google suggests a net worth of £30m, so is likely to be a contender.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There's a chap called Norman Cook who lives on Hove seafront who has an NSC account. A quick google suggests a net worth of £30m, so is likely to be a contender.

Has he heard [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s Warsaw Radio Mast rap yet? This could be bigger than anything yet.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How much is considered wealthy . Good question . If you earn say £5000 pm and have outgoings of £1000 pm you might consider yourself comfortable but not rich but maybe not if you earn £15k pm but have outgoings of £14k .

So yes you can earn well but if you go on say 5 expensive hols per year , have 3 additional 5 star spa breaks a year , have a large mortgage , eat out a lot , go to the theatre regularly, drive an expensive car , hold platinum 1901 seats and have 3 kids at a top private school , you are going to need circa £250 k per year to feel even remotely comfortable .

I personally would class anyone rich that has property (s) worth at least £2m & at least £5 M in the bank or earning £750,000 plus per year .
£250k net maybe. No way you could do all that after tax. Even with a good accountant.

Live by the sea

Members
Oct 21, 2016
£250k net maybe. No way you could do all that after tax. Even with a good accountant.

You are right , I should have said net . But even at £250 k net would be tight . Probably nearer £500,000 gross to do it comfortably. It takes a fortune to really live well nowdays .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills