Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who is the Father of the House (NSC) ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Since 2000 i think for me, although something happened in 2003 that made everything start again. I spent a year living in Spain in 2000/2001 and spent a fortune in the internet cafe shared between here and Brightonfans.com (does that still exist?).

What year was the big NSC meat up on the first floor of the pub up by Brighton Station? That must have been about 2002? Someone brought an Austrailian au pair with them who became the talk of the board for a while!

That was the third one. The second one was the year before In the Battle of Trafalgar in the back room which caused complaints about the noise. I believe the first one only had about eight people.

There were two or three resets in 2003 whilst Bozza took over & then Turkey lost a load of posts from everyone.

I had a couple of previous usernames as did others like Tom Hark PP.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was the third one. The second one was the year before In the Battle of Trafalgar in the back room which caused complaints about the noise. I believe the first one only had about eight people.

There were two or three resets in 2003 whilst Bozza took over & then Turkey lost a load of posts from everyone.

Was one of the early meet ups in the Sussex Cricketer at the County Ground?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The pre-2003 board had a massive amount of posts and views. Major topics under discussion incuded (obviously) the lead up to, and granting of, planning approval for the stadium, as well as extensive coverage and discussion of the early stages of the public inquiry, not least of which was Lord B's magnificent daily forensic reporting of the proceeding from Hove town hall, which gave us continued hope when all seemed lost on many occasions. The other huge topic of the day was the build up to, and execution of the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq in 2003, which was debated long and hard. Can't remember now what exactly happened to the board at that time, suspect it probably collapsed under the sheer weight of posts. Such a crying shame it couldn't have been saved for posterity, it was a valuabe historical snapshot of its time

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I know I was on here in about 2000 or so, can't remember my username of the time. Something happened shortly after that stopped me posting or even reading for a few years....oh yeah, I had a life!
Don't have one now, hence why I'm here

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was on from about 1999, originally as Charley Oatway's Lovechild, though I changed it to my current name some time in the first Withdean season in honour of Guinness being the only drinkable pint in the Welly at the time. How times have changed. You could definitely change your user name with each post as I abbreviated to GB within threads when I couldn't be arsed filling it all in.

Before that was on the mailing list an awful lot with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] particularly regular correspondents.
[MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] mods have checked Ernest's twitter a few times as he's in the vulnerable group. Is posting on there semi regularly but mainly about wrestling.

Yes, the mailing list. Also on there were [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION], [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION], [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], [MENTION=944]Inkerman[/MENTION],and various others.

I was FAV666 on old skool NSC. Like Whitehawk1, I was named after a bus :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don’t remember that one. The other one was in the King & Queen.

There was definitely one upstairs at the Prince Albert, organised I'm pretty sure by [MENTION=148]Safeway[/MENTION]. Think I've still got some photos somewhere, may dig them out, scan them in and post them tomorrow to wile away some of the endless lockdown hours. Think they originally appeared on the Meat Up thread that's in NSC Gold. Pretty sure the last one was at the posh then-new marquee type room at the rear of the Lord Nelson. If memory serves, though hard to be sure of these things, the landlord got the right old hump and threw us out earlydoors. Can't imagine why :lol:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

There were two boards before this one if i remember there was a bit of a power struggle between the two boards most of us chose this one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I joined just after the Orient game (Shilton's 1,000th) match when I bumped into Wozza in the queue outside. He persuaded me that NSC has got rid of its nutters and was worth another go. I'm still here

I think I came along to two meet-ups - one was deffo in the Prince Albert. One was, I think, held on my birthday so I only came along for a swift one before going off for a meal. I remember that it was one of those meet-ups that I met fellow Magnificent Seveners Lush and Man of Harveys for the first time - as well as many others.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I joined just after the Orient game (Shilton's 1,000th) match when I bumped into Wozza in the queue outside. He persuaded me that NSC has got rid of its nutters and was worth another go. I'm still here

I think I came along to two meet-ups - one was deffo in the Prince Albert. One was, I think, held on my birthday so I only came along for a swift one before going off for a meal. I remember that it was one of those meet-ups that I met fellow Magnificent Seveners Lush and Man of Harveys for the first time - as well as many others.

I did a couple of meetups back in the day and the Prince Albert rings a bell! I think I've got a (very large) signed Guy Butters shirt in my football shirt closet that I won in a raffle? :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am 102 now and been a member for about 20 years

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was definitely one upstairs at the Prince Albert, organised I'm pretty sure by [MENTION=148]Safeway[/MENTION]. Think I've still got some photos somewhere, may dig them out, scan them in and post them tomorrow to wile away some of the endless lockdown hours. Think they originally appeared on the Meat Up thread that's in NSC Gold. Pretty sure the last one was at the posh then-new marquee type room at the rear of the Lord Nelson. If memory serves, though hard to be sure of these things, the landlord got the right old hump and threw us out earlydoors. Can't imagine why :lol:

I said Battle of Trafalgar when I meant Lord Nelson. Sorry about that. One of the complainants of the noise, was Lord Bassam if I remember rightly!

The Lord Nelson one was before the Prince Albert one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here