Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the best sportsman this country has ever produced?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surely CB Fry - has any sportsman ever come close to being a force in four different sports?

We are Hove

Jun 30, 2008
What country are you talking about?
Paul Mcshane, John Byrne, Gerry Ryan, Liam Brady, Mark Lawrenson, Tony Grealish, Micheal Robinson,Gerry Armstrong, Gary Howlett, Kieran O.Reagan.
Legends!!

Jimmy Grimble

Where the f*** are the oldies on this message board, I want to know their answers...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The PUB at Withdean

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Kieron Dyer OR Jimmy Greaves.

"The biggest regret of my whole football career was leaving White Hart Lane in 1970.....my interest in football weakened after that. I was heartbroken" - Jimmy Greaves.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I immediately thought of Steve Redgrave, but thinking about it Daley Thompson was a more all round athelete who did it all on his own without the help of others

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
After deciphering your post, you need to look at more than just the record books. Mansell would have won three had it not been for two very unfortunate failures, one a nut coming of the wheel in Hungary (how often do you see that) and the second was the blow out in Adelaide when sitting pretty to win the title. If he had won the title that year then he would have been on two titles alongside Prost. The wheel nut also cost him a championship title putting him on three. You also forget he went to US and won the Indycart in his first season.

He was an exciting racing driver, far more entertaining than the sterile races we see nowdays.

he is also the most dreadfully boring man that you could ever have the misfortune of meeting. And he's a total prick.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
he is also the most dreadfully boring man that you could ever have the misfortune of meeting. And he's a total prick.
Once again, I find myself agreeing with you.

Mansell was a boring twunt and a self absorbed prick who won formula one ONCE.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'll vote for Steve Peat, an absolute legend in British Mountain Biking, won world cups after world cups a true hero for MOST mountain bikers

steve-peat.jpg

robbo30

Feb 2, 2008
Can believe no one has mentioned the legend of the lake.Stand up Bob Nudd.
Four time world angling champion.END OF THREAD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here