Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the Albion's all time cult hero??

All time cult hero??

• Peter Ward

Votes: 83 53.2%
  • Bobby Zamora

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Gary Hart

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Bobby Smith

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • John Crumplin

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Michel Kuipers

• Garry Nelson

• Mark Lawrenson

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Sergei Gotsmanov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Another player not listed

Votes: 11 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
OP and quite a few others, do not know the difference between "hero" and "cult hero".
From that list it can only be JCFG.

Yep this. From being universally derided as a winger (when he first joined, I remember the abuse he was getting at the 50 or so fans at Elland Road on that fateful day when Hillsborough happened) only to play right back by Lloyd in the last few games that season (and as it turns out being quite good) to being given hero status, where Gulls Eye produce the JCFG T-shirts which I still have.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Definition of cult hero in English:

noun

A writer, musician, artist, or other public figure who is greatly admired by a relatively small audience or is influential despite limited commercial success:
‘the group were cult heroes on the US college rock circuit before finding worldwide fame in the 90s’

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very odd use of the term 'cult hero'. Ward, Zamora, Kuipers and Lawrenson are generally regarded as some of the best players to ever wear the shirt.

Going by the literal definition and given that the love for Calde appears universal, David Stockdale would have to be the Albion's current cult hero.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Bobby Zamora....

I had an obsession! The Argus once printed a picture of me getting his autograph... So I purchased the picture and got him to sign this as well, so proudly hanging on my wall at home is a signed picture of Bobby Zamora signing a picture for me... He laughed about it at the time, although not sure what he actually thought!

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Has to be Peter Ward. Think of it this way. My 33 year old son joins in (used to at least) with the No 1 is Peter Ward etc. But the only time he saw him play was in a friendly at Withdean when Wardy had very dodgy knees and failed to take a penalty properly. Hero in his day and still comes to the games when he is in good old England.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Bobby Zamora....

I had an obsession! The Argus once printed a picture of me getting his autograph... So I purchased the picture and got him to sign this as well, so proudly hanging on my wall at home is a signed picture of Bobby Zamora signing a picture for me... He laughed about it at the time, although not sure what he actually thought!

Did you get someone to take a picture of him autographing your picture of you getting his autograph?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here