Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our best player? 08/08/22

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It`s a team game and the team as a whole are working well together. We used to have several weak players. Now don`t really think we do.
Superstars can be great but can also upset the balance of a team.
A good team is usually better than a team with good players !!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I was trying to explain to a friend that it’s not about replacing the good players we have sold. We will play in a different manner to complement the skills we have now that two excellent players have left. He looked at me bemused but I knew what I meant! It’s not so much finding a replacement LB more about using other strengths in the team. Or something.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Trossard, Caicedo, Veltman, Sanchex, Dunk all deserve the nominations in this thread. All fine players.

Our best player right now, though IMO, is Alexis MacAllister.

Fantastic in any midfield role, but growing to be utterly imperious at the base. Its a move that will do wonders for his international career, too. Argentina have a list of decent attacking midfield options - the likes of Dybala don't even make the squad. They have have few options to play the base role. He can be the new Mascherano.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The first correct answer. We're an outstanding team. That is all. No superstars. This lot like it that way, and that's one of the reasons why we're so good. They all recognise that each of them have their own strengths that contribute to the team, making us more than the sum of our parts.

I guess the only question is what is the ceiling for that way of doing things? And I'm not positing this as a negative at all, more just curious.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I guess the only question is what is the ceiling for that way of doing things? And I'm not positing this as a negative at all, more just curious.

Similar method / philosophy took Ajax as far as a Champions League semi-final just 3 or so years ago.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Best is a tough question but most valuable I suspect is between Sanchez & Caicedo if only because they has longer on their contracts than MacAllister & Trossard.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Groß :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Trossard.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills