Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 59 25.9%

• Total voters

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Mark McGhee... I have said from day one that I blame him for everything !

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Other, of course!

Opposition was the problem, a mid-table Premier League club, which I understand goes by the name "Hull City" (or should that be "Tigers??).

They play, and sometimes beat, other Premier League clubs. once or twice per week.

We nearly beat them in Brighton, and even made them a least a bit nervous on their home turf, in the end.

I was there, and enjoyed all but the dodgy bits. The noisy bit of the Hull crowd seemed to be just to our left, not as expected behind the home goal. Our few hundred who made the l-o-n-g trip from the South, plus a few exiles like me, made quite a bit of noise too, staying supportive, but including 'advice' here and there of course, including singing "we're going to win three - two" good and loud.

Recorded the TV to tape, and watched the whole match over again, the next day. It looked better than I expected, but I turned a deaf ear to all the tedious commentary, except for catching the names (mostly correct) of who was on the ball.

I'm sorry for the team, and our home supporters, that they didn't quite hold out at home, but was selfishly pleased that I would be able to see them in another Cup game - having also been at Port Vale - but the next round at Falmer would have been a bridge too far.

In the unlikely event that Hull don't sell-out the home seats for the next round - Sunderland with a huge following will surely take-up their full allocation - perhaps I could sneak in, even though, as a Gus supporter, I would have to bite my tongue!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Think it was an accumulation of things personally, players injured/unavailable, shortage of quality in depth of squad, poor decision making by players that did make the team and of course opposition that wanted to win the matches as much or maybe more than us. We as supporters really have to understand that in most football matches there are two teams that want to win and we as a club have no divine right to be the victors and in all honesty if we were not having this debate because we had won, it would be supporters of the other club that would in all probability be having it. You win some and unfortunately you lose some, its life get used to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here