Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is looking forward to New Year's Eve?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I always look forward to NYE, a proper celebration of a coming new year, regardless of race or creed.
Always overshadows the celebrations of a week earlier, especially for non religious people.
Nothing more required than a hand shake/hug and a 'Happy New Year'.

I love New Years eve but it's not a celebration of the new year regardless of race and creed mike, there are many New Years for different folks. Even yours is a different time from ours.😀

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
I shall be out working through the night in the cab , should be a good earner , hopefully no trouble and no sick !!
As a quick heads up for the good folk of NSC , double meter starts at 21.00 until 06.00 in a Brighton and Hove licensed cab.
The meter has a built in calender so will automatically run at x2 during these hours.
Dont be caught out by any unscrupulous driver trying to charge you double whats on the meter.
Happy new year to you all , good riddance to 2014 !!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
New years Eve has been pants since the millenium.

i am perfectly capable of staying up after midnight any day of the week and get myself totally trousered.

The only people that make a meal of NYE nowadays are people with Iphones because its something else they havnt recorded that they will never watch again.......but hey look at me.........i saw fireworks........i am cool!

and people who go to Wimbledon in the summer.Usually the fat mid 30`s bunny boiler types........the same ones that put on a santa or elf costume to do their xmas shopping..........the ones that hubby doesnt want to shag anymore because she cant stop eating chips/probably fit as **** at 18......but the bloke didnt think things through and see what the mum looks like at 50.......schoolboy error.

and yoghurt knitters

Is that a 'yes' than pastaboy.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Personally my job has a very clear yearly cycle, and then of course there's the football season (as well as other sports I follow), so I struggle to really find much significance in the change of calendar year.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be honest I do not get what all the euphoria is all about over hyped and way over priced, I stopped going out on New Years Eve when I lived in Camden and the local put extra on every drink and tried to charge us for coming in and I spent a lot of money in that place during the year. Its just a cash cow for pubs and clubs full of idiots who want to shake your hand and wish you happy new year, when only half an hour earlier they wanted to fight you because you bumped into them in a crowed pub when you can't swing a mouse never mind a cat.....

Having said that, think we are going to the local this afternoon until early evening then back home to listen to some decent music and crack open the Kraken Rum....

Happy New Years Eve one and all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Meh. Working.

My favourite bit is the TV coverage from the Embankment: 100,000 people all crowded in, phones/ iPads held to the sky, videoing the fireworks that would be so much more impressive if viewed through their own eyes rather than on a 3" screen. Then they go home, post the 100,000 identical videos on YouTube, and never watch them again. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here